For DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, we are recruiting a Hunter Sales Consultant Joint reconstruction for the region of Flanders.
The DePuy Synthes offers one of the world’s most comprehensive portfolios of orthopaedic products and services for joint replacement, trauma, spine, sports medicine, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide.
He/she is responsible that the most important clinical stakeholders become promoters of our products and our company. He/she works closely together with the Sales Manager and TAL to ensure an optimal resource allocation and the highest impact of his /her work.
Main areas of responsibility / expected results/objectives of the role
Acquisition of new customers
- Actively hunt for new customers across the full region using the internal data and market intelligence focusing on the biggest eligible opportunities.
- Follow-up existing projects and help the other SC’s to speed up all the conversions.
- Build a solid conversion list & increase the conversion rate.
- Articulate value proposition & VAS approach working closely with SAM’s.
- Manage volume deals, CaPex investments and contracting.
- KOL’s management / EMEA exposure interaction.
- Collaborate with the Sales & Product Manager/Colleague PS from same and other franchises to enforce the successful introduction of new JnJ products and services.
- Define specific projects as part of the overall account plan that will lead to successful product launches.
- Establish contacts with key opinion leaders to turn them into strong promoters of our innovative products and our company.
- Communicate with customers in the event of complaints, problems or backorders.
- Provide training courses to surgeons, specialists, nurses and operating theater management.
- Apply Healthcare Compliance regulations.
- Communicate with Customer Service, Management and other internal departments about customer information.
Main leadership commitments involved in the role
- Invest in understanding the needs of internal and external partners through active listening. Identify actionable insights to enhance results.
- Be able to connect quickly with different customer profiles from the Therapeutic Area
- Succeed in building broad and deep networks in our client’s organization with a focus on clinical KOLs (key opinion leaders)
- Consider how to apply new ideas you generated in the activities for the CONNECT imperative.
- Find ways to challenge the status quo and how things have always been done
- Determine how to enable more calculated risk taking, support and encourage appropriate risk-taking
- Create a new level of partnership focused on strong commitment.
- Be a role model in Credo-based customer interaction. Demonstrate business excellence through the WHAT and HOW dimensions.
- Develop your communication and influence skills to become a high-impact presenter; seek feedback on your skills in this area.
- Identify & develop the skills necessary for future success.
- Build an environment supportive of diverse and inclusive thinking and perspectives.
- Be business-results driven, devote yourself actively and wholeheartedly to the work so that goals are achieved.
- Demonstrate responsibility, apply high quality standards and use available resources efficiently.
- Promote a culture of accountability by improving current performance and taking responsibility for mistakes.
- Try new operational practices that have been successful else¬where in the company.
- Build & reinforce a sense of urgency on key projects; help others understand the criticality of these efforts.
- Analyze the success of recent projects; conduct “after action or lessons learned reviews” to streamline efforts and reduce barriers to results.
- Demonstrated capabilities in a medical sales position.
- Hunter mentality
- Proven ability to manage complexity & thrives in uncertain/ambiguous circumstances.
- Ability to connect and effectively collaborate across a diverse group of business stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong passion and track record for business accomplishments & will to make things happen & deliver.
- Strong communication skills & influencing skills.
- Driven by results performance & excellence in the job.
- Demonstrated business success in delivering growth and gaining share.
- Strongly involved in strategic and tactical work daily requiring being able to quickly zoom in and out.
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and internal stakeholders.
- Integrity and Credo-based leadership.
- Self- awareness, adaptability and stress resistant.
- Knowledge of languages: Dutch and English.
- Master’s degree or the equivalent through work experience
- Desired educational background: (para)medical, business administration or economics
- Knowledge of the current market healthcare landscape
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Johnson & Johnson Medical NV (7546)