Janssen R&D Technology is recruiting for an IT manager, Business Technology Leader (BTL) J&J Global Public Health and Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TAs) located in Beerse.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Research & Development organization develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals.
The J&J Global Public Health (GPH) organization’s mission is to make relevant innovations that save lives, cure patients and prevent disease. Available, affordable and accessible for underserved populations.
The IT Manager, BTL J&J GPH and TAs is a leader who can combine consulting, Information Technology (IT) expertise, and pharmaceutical R&D knowledge to transform the way IT is applied in R&D. This role is accountable for IT initiatives that advance therapy area innovation and improve TA-specific research, translational science, clinical development and market positioning.
As a strategic partner to the Janssen TAs as well as the GPH organization, the IT Manager will build internal and external partnerships for technology to advance success and help shape strategy into the digital health landscape.
For solutions at scale, s/he works with matrix IT organizations for solution development, advanced analytics and other information technology-related services. As BTL, this role is the accountable strategic R&D partner who maintains the relationship through ongoing consultation with the business, however s/he also is responsible for the full outcome of the information and technology services provided to these business partners.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- Develop an IT strategy and roadmap for Janssen TAs and J&J GPH, aligned to the business objectives and the IT strategy
- Collaborates closely with Janssen R&D Product Lines, Enterprise Architecture and the Technology Services organization to build roadmaps, ensure end to end process and data flow and evaluate potential technology partners
- Advises and influences R&D and J&J GPH business partners on the transformation and application of digital technologies, aligned to the overall R&D IT strategy
- Ensures compliance, audit readiness and operational stability of the J&J GPH and TAs application landscape
- In close partnership with business partners, handles governance processes and resources, and will consistently influence, match and prioritize complex demands on multiple informatics and IT services to maximize value to the business.
- Good knowledge of the R&D business
- A strategic thinker with good technical knowledge and excellent communication and leadership skills, used to influence decision-making with R&D business leaders.
- A driver of improved business operations who utilizes robust project management to ensure timely delivery of projects that achieve desired benefits.
- A business strategist, pragmatic as needed but capable of revolutionary thinking at the forefront of new and emerging technologies such as mobility, business analytics, cloud computing and social software/media and capable of applying these disruptive capabilities, shaking up business models and transforming R&D environments.
- An IT pragmatist, who knows when to use corporate infrastructure to deliver upon traditional needs as well as unlock opportunities for R&D innovation and bold advantage from this technology.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, Informatics, Computational Science, or Biomedical Engineering plus 5 years related experience in research IT and/or informatics, preferably within a pharmaceutical setting.
- Scientific/research & development pharmaceutical knowledge with proven experience driving innovation for scientific, clinical, diagnostics or therapy areas using digital technology and data/information science.
- Experience with delivering technology services/solutions to resource limited settings is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, and positive relationship development and management capabilities in a global setting is required.
- Genuine passion for technology, understanding how things work and for applying technology to bring value to businesses/customers.
- Experience leading matrixed, consultant, and internal and external technical personnel in a fast-paced, complex, global environment is a must.
- Experience managing global business priorities and projects across multiple business areas is required.
- Demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex, global business issues is required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams with individuals who have multidisciplinary backgrounds is required.
A detailed understanding of:
- methodologies for system design, development, and implementation;
- all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle;
- validation and regulatory requirements is required.
- Experience in the use of Agile methodology, process engineering and prototyping tools is preferred.
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Business Relationship Management