Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manager of Data Science & Analytics located in Manila or Prague in the procurement discipline responsible for the EMEA and APAC regions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This manager position will be responsible for:
- Provides data science and analytics project/program development, leadership, and delivery through the use of advanced predictive modeling and cutting-edge visualization techniques not currently deployed by Regional Analytics teams
- Understand business needs via voice of customer analyses with stakeholders and customers, translates key findings to viable analytical projects that can be scaled and deployed worldwide, and develops solution strategies that can be followed to meet customer needs
- Derives value-added strategic insights by mining and integrating internal and external data sources, exploring data relationships, troubleshooting and resolving data anomalies, and building and deploying rules-based and statistical models
- Collaborates with and leads internal data, reporting and analytics colleagues as well as external suppliers and consultants in the delivery of strategic analytics projects
- Explores, identifies and implements cutting-edge visualization techniques—including processes and workflows—that enable business customers to intuitively derive insights and actions from complex underlying information and models
- Deploys business intelligence tools to customers and Regional Analytics teams through training and end user validation
- Contributes to the overall improvement of the data science and analytics service offering by sharing skills and techniques with colleagues, learning from colleagues, and taking steps to reduce inefficiencies, build connections between services and solutions, and generally improve our brand in the eyes of our customers
- Provides onboarding and training to new data science and analytics team members whenever needed
- Partner with procurement and business leaders in the regions to develop business intelligence analysis, which enables strategic decisions
- A bachelor’s degree is required, with a preferred concentration in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Hands-on professional experience with quantitative analytics is required
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Experience in the use of various analytical tools such as data management/query (ex. SQL, etc.), statistical modeling (ex. SAS, SPSS, etc.), advanced visualization software (Tableau, Qlik, Cognos Alteryx etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including an ability to quickly merge and summarize data/information from multiple sources, including experience in data management, cleaning, data analysis and report writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer skills is required. Advanced use of Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, lookup procedures and complex formulas with nested logic)
- Independent self-starter, able to work with limited supervision and lead others without accountability
- Strong project/account management skills with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives in a dynamic environment with tight timelines is required. Demonstrated success in working with an outsource analytics partner and leading projects on-time and on budget is preferred.
- Excellent English communication/presentation skills (written, spoken) in order to provide succinct, concise and insightful analysis/concepts and actionable recommendations to a non-quantitative senior stakeholder audience
- Previous exposure or experience in a procurement function preferred
- Experience and exposure to Global and Matrix organizations preferred
- Customer focused and experience working in a shared service environment preferred
- PMI, FPX, or other project management certification preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Design Excellence certification preferred
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Johnson & Johnson International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. - ROHQ