This is a key role focused on Excellence in Execution (Lead and Deliver) to deliver Financial and Operational sustainable results across our internal and external manufacturing network. It works in strong collaboration with the Strategy and Innovation (Connect and Shape) functions, translating programs and projects into executable plans.
Drives (global) process standardization & (regional/local) excellence in execution through deployment and governance of global programs, owns the performance management process for Consumer Global Make, accelerates sustainable improvement across all areas of performance (Competitiveness; Compliance; Capabilities; Customer focus) and supports strategic programs to elevate the manufacturing capabilities (people, systems, processes, infrastructure). Coordinates, aligns and prioritizes strategies across partner supply chain functions (Plan, Make and Deliver).
Location: Zug, Switzerland
Requires about 30% to 50% travel (domestic & international)
- Direct team responsibility for Global Performance, Strategy & Execution (PSE), synchronization and deployment of global strategic programs, Prioritization & Portfolio management, Global Make Analytics (GMA), workforce optimization, benchmarking, productivity measurements.
- Drives execution of strategies through effective governance and management of improvement portfolio, key programs and projects, and performance management
- Ensures alignment of the prioritization and resource allocation with the overall strategic Consumer Supply Chain agenda.
- Challenges the status quo to reset the current thinking of “what good looks like”.
- Enables decision making by bringing benchmark market and competitiveness data
- Leads the standard performance management strategy and framework to define, analyze and report key performance metrics across the Consumer Make global portfolio
- Establishes and improves a PPM prioritization system & process to allow optimum allocation of resources (CAPEX, people, etc)
- Develops, drives, and actively participates with other functions & segment S&D leaders towards E2E harmonization of processes
- Partners closely with finance to track budget vs. actual performance for the organization throughout the year including the coordination for the major financial updates
- Uses metrics and benchmarks (both internal and external) to identify best practices, cost reduction, process improvement and redesign initiatives. Maintains external perspectives through industry contacts and professional associations.
- Provides leadership to the PSE function. Develops talent and leverages skills and resources across regions.
- Direct Leading a team of approx. 10 people
- Indirect leading hundreds of people across regions and functions
Key programs and functions of responsibility
- Global JJPS and interface to MAKE JJOS
- Global Performance Management
- Global Project Portfolio Management
- Process Standards
- ZBB, zero base budget
- Workforce Optimization
- Tracking of global Capital, Investments and Expenses
Experience and Key Competencies:
- Multiyear experience in MAKE is required
- Expertise in Operational Excellence methodologies, lean manufacturing, 6sigma
- 10 + years of experience overall SC, Operations, Project Mgt, Quality
- Strong process orientation with solid financial and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively partner and deliver results in a matrixed environment
- Ability to lead the analysis of complex business processes using various tools such as process mapping, financial modeling, metrics, measures and statistical tools
- Ability to lead a team of professionals with diverse skills and competencies spanning business and technical – located remotely
- Ability to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
- BS/BA – Finance / Business / Engineering / SC required
- MBA preferred
Cilag GmbH International (8525)