Location: High Wycombe, UK
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, and vaccines, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a
pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson (J&J). Please visit http://www.janssen.co.uk/ for more information.
- Lead a therapeutic area team to develop and execute the medical and scientific strategy for both the current and future pipeline products and indications. Responsible for medical strategy development and coordination of activities in their respective Therapeutic Area.
- Guide the development of coordinated integrated data generation plans by the Medical Leads and the implementation thereof, including medical assessment and approval of clinical study protocols on a local level.
- Leading Study Responsible Physicians: can work as a Study Responsible Physician themselves and evaluate product aspects that are meaningful to drug safety from a clinical perspective.
- Shape and influence EMEA strategies, plans and tactics to ensure they reflect the needs of the UK market. Represents the company as a key clinical authority in front of leading medical experts, professional associations and institutions in their therapeutic area.
- Interacts closely with commercial and market access counterparts on the disease area level and is responsible for the implementation of aligned medical education events.
- Ensures all individuals, strategies and processes are in compliance with all meaningful guidelines and regulations.
- Clinical and scientific leadership of their Therapeutic Area and all relevant products within. They develop a team of Medical Leads (Sr Medical Advisors), Medical Advisors, MSLs and Medical Education Managers.
- Approval of clinical study protocols on a UK level based on evaluation of relevant medical research questions for investigation in interventional and non-interventional studies, leading Study Responsible Physicians and work as a Study Responsible Physician. Assessment of study results from a clinical perspective and releasing of final study reports.
- Clinical evaluation of side effects of medicinal products, responsibility for issue management and medical safety issues and responding to external medical/scientific requests about Janssen products
- Medical evaluation of medicinal products, which are pending licensing and provision of the medical expertise for the benefit assessment of Janssen medicinal products by NICE and the NHS
- Responsible for budget and prioritisation of resources within the medical field in close consultation with the Finance team and based on approved business plans
- Responsible for management for the Medical Leads and Medical Advisors as well as Medical Education Managers in their team, including employee/talent development
- Ensures medical representation of the company and integrates requirements of the local healthcare market into the global research and development programme
- Establishing/developing and maintaining doctor-to-doctor contact to form a Key Opinion Leader Network including involvement in professional associations, healthcare policy organisations etc. in order to establish and retain a medical/scientific partnership at the highest level of expertise
- Establishing and continuously leading a professionally-acting, compliant and effectively-collaborating team; recognition of employee potential and ambitious, bespoke development and encouragement for employees
- Accredited HCP with either a specialty degree, with experience in this therapeutic area and/or experience of line management leadership experience in Pharma.
- Doctorate degree, PhD or equivalent experience would be highly beneficial.
- Professional experience in hospital or practice within this or associated therapeutic area plus professional experience as Country Advisor/Manager or in an equivalent position.
- Experience in design, planning and conduct of clinical research protocols
- Regulatory, Health Economic or/and statistical methods knowledge and experience would be beneficial
- MBA or relevant business expertise or experience would also be a plus
- Proficient English is essential
- Has the ability and the mandate to shape the external environment and shows a superb aptitude in partnering relevant external and all internal partners in the Therapeutic Area especially the Market Access and Marketing and Sales colleagues
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection. We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Johnson and Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)