Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. The company embraces research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Government Affairs & Policy (GA&P) Director will be responsible for the effective interaction with government institutions, trade associations, academic associations and other relevant partners to shape policy and legislation relevant to Johnson & Johnson’s businesses. The position scope of responsibility is the JnJ Pharmaceutical business in EMEA region to assist the EMEA leader of JnJ’s Pharmaceutical Business with European Authorities.
- Representation of the company at the table of government led initiatives and contacts/influences government officials/advocacy groups/industry associations/ academic bodies, etc.
- Building a sustainable image, dialogue and relationship with identified partners as well as engaging business leaders as an integral component of influencing the external environment.
- Mapping of partners, relationship management, alliance building and lobbying are part of the role responsibilities.
- Membership/participation/involvement with trade associations is also part of this role to ensure that JnJ business interests are taken into consideration.
- Monitoring external environment and communicating key issues affecting the organization to the relevant people within.
- Policy analysis and leveraging of internal expertise in order to develop JnJ’s policy positions and plan for the implementation of the appropriate strategies to address and drive the respective issue.
- The position’s owner provides insight into the business experience, expectations and participates in and contributes towards the formulation of business strategies as well as policies and strategies of Government Affairs and Policy both nationally and internationally.
- Organization of delegation visits, receptions, meetings etc. as well as control of budgetary expenditure are also included into the role’s responsibilities.
- A university degree is required. A master’s degree or PhD is an additional asset.
- Dynamic professional experience in Governmental Institutions, Industry, Trade Associations or NGOs.
- A validated experience of working with the EU institutions and knowledge of the EU policy decision-making processes is required and confirmed ability to work in a grid organization is preferred.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) required and fluency in another European language is preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills including effective listening, writing, verbal and formal presentational skills are important.
- Intellectual curiosity, results orientation, critical thinking, eye for business, collaboration & teaming, inner confidence, self-awareness and adaptability will make the candidate successful.
- Willingness to listen and learn, ethical behavior and cross-cultural awareness in line with the company’s Credo values are required!
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills; ability to interact at high level and to brief senior executives in a comprehensive and concise manner!
- Positive and proactive attitude to “make things happen”
- Managerial agility to deal with and bring to bear at best the complexity of the JnJ organization and culture, through a confrontational but consensus driven approach
- Strategic vision, capability of “reading market signals” and of enthusiastically influence lead market transformations
- Passion for innovation and for turning obstacles into opportunities
- Strong international, multi-cultural sensitivity and experience
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with relevant parties.
- Ability to travel to places of business, both domestically and internationally.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)