Role: Senior Manager Enterprise Supply Chain Communication
Location: Limerick or Cork, Ireland
This position will be primarily responsible for developing and driving an integrated organizational and external communication strategy to support the global Vision Supply Chain (VSC) business plan, in alignment with commercial and R&D communications, to achieve shared objectives of business unit and Medical Devices (MD) sector.
The individual will serve as a proactive and accountable member of and strategic counselor to the VSC Leadership Team, as well as the Johnson & Johnson Enterprise Supply Chain Communications team.
In addition, the role will lead communications to support transformation and change management planning and execution for the global segment Supply Chain, including external reputational risk mitigation, business partner and issues management. Connecting with Enterprise and MD Supply Chain Communications teams to enthusiastically identify internal and external opportunities that will elevate the Sector and Enterprise-wide Supply Chain narrative is critical to success! As well as drive a sustainable focus on product quality, safety, operational excellence, innovation, customer value, and customer trust through high-impact, measurable communications.
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
- Create essential communication that connects and elevates innovation and customer centric solutions, while engaging and motivating employees at all levels to deliver on aligned business priorities.
- Provide senior-level, critical communications counsel and support senior leaders in employee engagement.
- Lead crisis and issues management for VSC, globally.
- Manage media/liaise with Government Affairs for issues and site events across business supply chains in close collaboration with regional/local communications team and/or site leaders.
- Lead change management for key network optimization, complexity and organizational change efforts for Medical Devices Supply Chain businesses, globally.
- Monitor the external environment to raise awareness and adjust communications strategies across the supply chain network.
- Utilize available communication channels to actively showcase Supply Chain achievements internally and externally (media relations, speaking engagements, partner Town halls, etc.)
- Build a network of liaisons to support manufacturing site/campus level communications.
- Serve as an active member of the Enterprise Supply Chain global communication network to develop enterprise-wide plans, processes and templates.
- Use corporate communications media to amplify our innovative, customer-centric approach to supply chain management
- Manage regional consultants and resources as needed to support the development and execution of Supply Chain communications strategies
Experience and functional competencies:
Minimum 8 years of experience in corporate communications or related field
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs or related field is required; Master’s Degree or Advanced Degree is preferred.
Ability to develop comprehensive communication strategies, execute actions, and measure outcomes
Is digitally-savvy, customer-focused, and collaborative
Understanding of change management strategies and capability to align with organizational/site-based communication tactics
- Experience working in a matrix environment
High degree of independent judgement and decision making
Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and comfortable working directly with senior leadership
- Experience working in a global function
Experience monitoring and evaluating external landscape, managing local/site-related issues or supporting broader crisis management
Experience in the Medical Devices or Consumer environment
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)