Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Operations Engineer (2 Roles - 2GT & 4GT)
Requisition ID: 1905777339W
Position Title: Senior Operations Engineer
Report to: Manufacturing Manager/Business Unit Manager
Location: Vision Care, Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
This day-based role reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager/Business Unit Manager and works closely with Engineering, Quality and Line management to support the Value Stream in achieving KPI’s. The Senior OE will support the Manufacturing Manager/Business Unit Manager and Senior METL in the production of contact lenses in the Value Stream to fulfill global planning schedules, within determined quality and safety standards. The role will also have direct responsibility for managing key areas of the Value Stream as required.
· Support the BUM and SMETL to manage key areas of the Value Stream in close cooperation with Quality and Engineering, to manufacture contact lenses according to global planning requirements.
· Ensure all HSE requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the responsibilities defined in the Company Safety Statement and Environmental policy and actively promote Health & Safety within the Value Stream.
· Ensure the integration and execution of standard operating procedures, in alignment with the Quality Management System and Johnson & Johnson Production Systems (JJPS).
· Demonstrate superior problem-solving ability through structured methodology. Be comfortable leading and coordinating problem solving teams to tackle Safety, Quality or Production issues.
· Lead Line Ramps after Retrofits / Conversion and Line turn around teams using structured methodology. Develop and refine best practice methodologies.
· Champion the Johnson & Johnson Production System for the Value Stream.
· Identify and lead year on year efficiency improvement, cost reduction and activity reduction projects for the Value Stream. Understand lean methodologies, implement lean projects and provide coaching to direct / indirect reports within the Value Stream.
· Contribute to management of Value Stream issues and tactical / strategic decision‐making in relation to the Value Stream.
· Report on achievement of key performance metrics.
· Support all functions in the effective transfer of new products and processes into manufacturing processes.
· Ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained at all times across the Value Stream always looking for opportunities to improve the standard.
· Manage MRT teams and coordinate with Days and Shifts teams across functions to achieve business goals.
· Take ownership for their own development ensuring that all areas of responsibility for the Manufacturing Manager/Business Unit Manager role can be adequately covered and ultimately be seen as successor to the Manufacturing Manager/Business Unit Manager.
· Be Flexible in working hours as business needs demand.
Education and Experience:
· Production/Engineering Management Degree or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing.
· Minimum of 18 months experience in existing role for internal candidates.
· Previous experience within the Healthcare/Medical Devices sector, ideally in Contact Lens Manufacturing.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)