Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Advisor Orphan Diseases
Requisition ID: 1905777099W
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Medical Advisor Orphan Diseases CH – German, English & French
In this role you will act as a scientific expert with sound knowledge of the Therapeutic Area, treatment trends inclusive unmet medical needs, scientific insights and studies to maximize company product value through high quality scientific knowledge management.
You will be accountable for planning, designing and executing the Medical Affairs Plan, including the local parts of the overall study planning process (IEGP). Also you will be contributing to the Country Value Team (CVT) and Local Action Team (LAT) by sharing medical knowledge and insights with the cross-functional team and herewith contributing to achieving aligned goals.
Some of your responsibilities will include
- Acting as a scientific expert and actively participating in international/national congresses, medical education events and hospitation or comparable programs to continuously improve both scientific and practical knowledge around product and disease areas and to identify evolving scientific concepts
- Connecting with EMEA functional networks (EMEA Med Advisor, EMAD, etc.)
- Acting as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders for all product-related information
- Accountable for writing and updating SMPC/Succinct Statement
- Collaborating closely with key Leading Specialists to identify customer needs and based on that tailoring MAF activities such as round tables, ad boards, medical education activities or related medical projects
- Planning, coordinating and executing the Medical Affairs Plan.
- Organizing MESC-meetings to identify medical education needs and tailoring the content of medical education programs based on the MESC-feedback
- Executing medical education activities described in the Medical Affairs Plan
- Working closely within the Medical team, e.g. MSLs
- Contributing to the CVT and LAT by providing medical expertise, disease area & home country market insights and by leading medical programs
- Contributing to the submission of reimbursement dossiers by preparing relevant scientific data to the creation of promotional material and is accountable for reviewing promotional material
- Creating content for scientific presentations and giving the medical training to MSLs, Medical Heads, Sales colleagues and other employees
- Responding to complex scientific customer requests, by co-creating responses with the medical information team
- Initiating ReCap process and hands over to Global Clinical Operations if appropriate
- Covering the role of a local study responsible scientist and the local study responsible physician when delegated to this role and contributes to study protocols and early access programs
- Scientific degree: Medical Doctor, Pharmaceutical or Natural Science University degree
- Sound knowledge of the Therapeutic Area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data
- Profound relevant experience, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship
- Fluent in German, English and French. Fluency in any other European language is an advantage
- Strong business acumen with sense of urgency
- Positive dissatisfaction and aspiration to beat the odds
- Customer centricity and strong external focus
- Effective collaboration and strong networking skills
Your positive attitude, your winning and open mindset with excellent communication and influencing skills will be key to your success.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen-Cilag Switzerland (7325)