Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Technology Lead
Requisition ID: 1905777022W
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 140,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and dream to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
J&J is constantly growing with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and is committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY LEAD (m/w/d)
Location: Neuss, Germany
The Business Technology Lead is responsible for leading the local market information technology (IT) innovation environment, is accountable for all IT delivery Germany and shapes the EMEA regional technology Product Line roadmaps and strategy.
- Become the technology “go-to person” for our business partners by developing deep insights into the needs of our pharmaceutical business and connecting with patients, customers, markets and external IT communities
- Anticipate industry and market trends, challenge the status quo and act as change agent within the local environment to demonstrate the power of our IT offerings and help business to adopt best practices and harmonized IT solutions. Demonstrate the “Art of the Possible”.
- Act as role model, contributing to the learning and sharing with other IT colleagues and communicating local market specificities, changes and needs towards regional teams.
- Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people, involving all necessary parties (e.g. medical, sales, marketing, market access, compliance, regional technical experts) in our work. Demonstrate an enterprise-wide mindset around solution development.
- Provide strong people leadership, including conducting performance management, development and career conversations to J&J standards
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the business by attending key meetings/reviewing key strategy documents
- Demonstrate unique value and challenge the business by facilitating joint technology/business planning workshops
- Actively contribute to the in-market BTL Network, build an understanding of business practice in other EMEA countries, leverage best practice to deliver rapid business value and create alignment between Product Lines & business objectives through shared market opportunities/challenges
- Promote quality delivery by bringing the right IT stakeholders together at the right time and providing support for the business
- Ensure technology solutions are built and documented in accordance with the strict compliance regulations of J&J and healthcare, including information security, privacy and GxP as required
- 10+ years of relevant working experience with technologies in areas such as digital, data and analytics and customer relationship management
- 4+ years in a people leadership/management role
- A strong understanding of software development methodologies
- Proven track record of delivery in complex, ambiguous and changing environments, adhering to essential regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Familiarity with the healthcare environment and technology solutions, including real world evidence and outcomes-based healthcare
- Degree in Computer Science/Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline
- Able to influence across a range of business roles and senior stakeholders
- Big picture mindset with the ability to zoom in and out of details, balancing both technical and strategic demands
- Genuine passion for technology, understanding how things work and a clear vision for applying technology to bring value to businesses/customers
- Business and results orientated, able to build effective relationships with customers, matrix teams, suppliers, partners etc.
- Effective team working
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at different levels
- Good at facilitating workshops and meetings, prioritizing and negotiating
- Continuous learner, able to demonstrate a familiarity with current trends e.g. AI, Blockchain
- Fluent in German and English
The role is based in Neuss/Germany (near Düsseldorf) but candidates must be willing and flexible to travel to European offices up to 25%
Germany-North Rhine Westphalia--
Janssen-Cilag Germany (8000)