Janssen Infectious Diseases is seeking a scientist in its research & development site in Beerse, Belgium. The successful candidate will join the Infectious Diseases research team playing a key role in supporting our laboratory operations in the field of chronic diseases including hepatitis and respiratory research.
You will work in a fast pace and science-driven environment with the opportunity to interact with internal groups bridging different stages of the discovery pipeline. The applicant should be passionate in conducting research and associated laboratory tasks and be able to work independently.
- Designing and executing cellular and molecular experiments, including the profiling of molecules to understand their mechanism of action or intended viral target in cell culture models. Performing primary immune cell assays using key immune cell populations (e.g. T-cell functional characterization assays) and characterization of ex vivo samples.
- Keep abreast with literature related to his/her field in support of research and assay development
- Demonstrate creative and analytical capabilities to interpret, troubleshoot and report on complex data. Basic statistical knowledge is mandatory
- Analyze and document data in laboratory notebooks, study reports and publications as required, present data to peers and assist in the preparation of internal and external documents/presentations.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with internal functions and external parties to seek input and assistance as required.
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent with strong competencies in virology and human immunology, preferably with several years of experience in a high-quality academic, biotech or pharmaceutical environment
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience in molecular and cellular biology conducting various mammalian tissue culture techniques and read-outs using multiple platforms.
- Familiar in performing functional assays including flow cytometry on various key immune cell populations.
- Experience in infectious disease research working in a BSL2+/3 laboratory.
- Hands-on experience and certifications for pre-clinical in vivo work is considered a plus but not a pre-requisite.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and adhere to timelines
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact in constructive ways with team members and external stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and creative approach to solving problems
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest advances
- Detail-oriented, with strong record-keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)