Johnson & Johnson Careers
Drug Safety Scientist - Student Placement 2020
Requisition ID: 1905776311W
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Drug safety scientists collect and evaluate information from patients and healthcare professionals to try and identify new information about the use of medicines and any side effects experienced by patients.
Safety monitoring of medicines is a continuous process, it is performed during clinical trials when medicines are developed, once medicines are launched (also called ‘licenced’) and throughout the entire period where a medicine is available for patients to use. The team is the first point of contact within the company for incoming adverse event reports. The department also monitors our pharmaceutical products across their lifecycle, from clinical trials through to post-marketing surveillance, in order to detect, assess, understand and prevent adverse events. Ultimately the team works to evaluate drug efficacy and maintain patient safety.
You will join our Pharmaceutical business in the role of a Drug Safety Scientist and will be given a high level of exposure to many aspects of the Pharmacovigilance division. This is an office-based role. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be at the forefront of drug development in one of Europe’s fastest growing top ten pharmaceutical businesses.
- Receipt and processing of incoming safety information from multiple sources, both internal and external to the Company
- Responsible for the collection, review and reporting of Adverse Events (AEs) and pregnancy reports obtained through spontaneous reporting, solicited reports, clinical study, Local Health Authorities (LHAs) and other potential sources
- Assist with initial quality review and assessment of individual cases
- Provision of safety information/acknowledgement to marketing partners/other third-party partners/Global Medical Safety within the internal and contractual timelines
- Co-ordinate/perform the follow-up of missing information from the AE reporter
- Assist in the provision of local data as required supporting the preparation of Safety Summary reports (PSURs, ASR, etc.)
- Assist in the quality review of data captured in the Global Safety Database
- Ensure that day-to-day Pharmacovigilance functions are performed satisfactorily and that full regulatory compliance is maintained at the Local Operating Company (LOC) level
- Accurate and timely documentation of deviations to process/timelines. Including root cause analysis and documentation of Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs)
- Support all occurrences of internal and external audits and inspections
- Support the onboarding activities of placement student successors where possible
- Working cross-functionally with internal teams
- Collaborating with the student cohort on fundraising and charity events
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Bio science degree types only
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion for working in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Seeks opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Actively seeks feedback, appreciates and uses constructive criticism
- Bounces back quickly from mistakes; learns and moves on quickly
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)