Health Economics & Market Access is a UK team, which provides specific HEMA expertise to each of the Business Units to support decision-making and appropriate market strategy in support of must-win objectives.
HEMA is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers. You will be responsible to own the Health Economics and Market Access activities for agreed growth platform(s), including timely market access strategies and assist in market development, through the development and execution of robust Health Economic/Outcome arguments and tools to support funding and procedural adoption. A key facet of the role will be providing market insights, data and benchmarking to support informed decision-making and opportunity identification.
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership by developing and implementing Market Access strategies
- Positively influence referral pathways to increase patient volume in key procedural categories
- Liaise with payers & commissioners to enable market entry & access
- Build relationships and work with influential partners outside of hospitals
- Support key growth platforms with strategic insight, market intelligence and financial data
- Partner with sales & marketing to deliver specialist health economic and reimbursement data to customers.
- Accountable for reporting progress against key performance indicators aligned to growth platform projects
- Responsible for improving capabilities around health economics, reimbursement and knowledge of selling into the NHS
- Provide training and updates to sales teams and management teams as required to build the capability and understanding across the franchise in key areas such as NHS structure, funding flows and decision-making processes
- Provide support/execution of the local Health Economics activities as part of the country plan and develop local Market Access plans, ensuring local business plans proactively address market access barriers in target accounts as defined in the local GTM strategy.
- Provide input into evidence generation strategy for new product development and identify local opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation.
- Accountable for Health Economic input into novel, local commercial initiatives requiring substantiation of value including but not restricted to Value Based Procurement, Risk sharing agreements and pricing initiatives.
- Support the adaptation and local approval of regionally developed HEMA tools, translating complex messages into simple statements that can easily be articulated by sales force.
- Responsible for local testing of HEMA tools to ensure local relevance and message acceptance by key stakeholders locally.
- Identifies potential talent to feed into cluster and regional talent strategy and succession planning promoting high engagement, retention, career development and advancement.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in science, pharmacy, medicine or economics or other related discipline and an advanced degree in economics, finance, public health, health economics, healthcare management or other relevant discipline
- Proven understanding of the principles of HTA and Health Economics
- Awareness of market access challenges and solutions and good background of successful engagement with non-clinical stakeholders
- Appetite to build on knowledge and experience of market access and health economics
- Good understanding of reimbursement in the NHS - particularly NHS tariffs and awareness of NICE and other types of Health Technology Assessment
- Leadership experience proven with commercial teams
- Strong project management orientation with the ability to prioritise and lead complex list of projects to completion
- Ability to synthesise clinical and health economic evidence into messages easily understood by non-clinical partners
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional matrix to successfully deliver objectives on time and within budget
- Over 5 years experience in the UK medical devices, health care or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Strong internal and external communicator
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent behavioural skills and communication style
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree in scientific subject and some experience in commercial or marketing projects
- Experience of engagement with Commissioners and Payers (PCTs)
- Familiarity with NHS data sources such as Hospital Episode Statistics and Dr Foster Intelligence
- Track record of overcoming complex market access challenges
- Experience of planning that is aligned with priority projects to achieve perfection in execution
- Previous experience of developing business cases and value propositions to support market access strategies
- Experience of delivering reimbursement and HTA information to internal sales & marketing teams
- Field experience beneficial
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)
Health Economics Mkt