Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Category Analyst
Requisition ID: 1905775969W
The Senior Category Analyst in Research Procurement will be responsible for supporting efforts around Spend Management, Category Strategy, Supplier Relationship Management, Sourcing, and Business Partner Engagement for CMC Development and Supply. This sub-category of spend is medium to high complexity in nature and requires strong collaboration with key business partners to execute.
This professional will support the Category Leads in running the category strategies of the spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This individual will monitor and analyze the organization’s activities and ability to deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
The Sr. Category Analyst’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing and driving the Procurement vision for, with and through the business partner community
- Assist in executing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or sub-categories of spend to ensure they effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for JNJ
- Connect directly with supplier management to assure alignment of J&J’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost
- Partner with Category Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drive high-reaching advantages.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Develop supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management, and improvement of end to end value.
- Call out issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Approximate Percentage of Time Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
- Monitor, analyze, and report on the performance to financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Work with Category Leads to handle supplier relationships, communicate changes to strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, supplier contract negotiations and monitor supplier performance
- Execute category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
- Facilitate, develop, implement, and maintain processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Analyze, monitor and develop reports on supplier performance around service, reliability, quality and innovation
- Dive into the reporting of supplier performance with strategic supplier leadership
- Prioritize the portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
Required Minimum Education: Bachelors or Equivalent Other
Required Years of Related Experience: 2+ Years
Other Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Broad-based understanding of core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver
- Proven track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Proven Credo mind-set and behavior
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- R&D Pharmaceutical development process experience
- Interested to work in systems
Travel on the Job
Percentage Traveled: up to 10%
Type of Travel Required:
Domestic - International
People Management Experience: Not required
Preferred Minimum Education: BA or Equivalent Other
Preferred Area of Study: Business, life sciences or related field
Preferred Related Industry Experience: Experienced professional with business experience in a Procurement environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Ability to develop a high level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment
- Experience with J&J Procurement Systems (SFDC, eMP, Cornerstone, Aravo, eICD, etc)
Key Working Relationships
Identify the most meaningful working relationships with people inside and outside the company including customers, vendors, associations, etc. Briefly describe the nature of the contacts.
- Small Molecule and Vaccines Process Development
- Global/Regional Procurement Category Leaders
- Segment/Business Unit Financial Management
- Senior leaders for top suppliers
- Contracting, R2P and Sourcing Associates
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)