Johnson & Johnson Careers
Product R&D Engineering Graduate 2020
Requisition ID: 1905775894W
Duration: 2 year programme
Sector: Medical Devices
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Being at the forefront of innovation and development means we are able to maintain our position as one of the top global healthcare companies. Our engineers and scientists bring so much to our organisation and have the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare through their work.
Our technical graduate programmes offer graduates the chance to become world leaders in their chosen field and gives you the tools to start you on your journey.
DePuy Synthes offer the world’s largest portfolio of orthopaedic and neurological products and services designed to advance patient care and deliver clinical and economic value globally. Inspired by the opportunity to help people return to living active and fulfilling lives, we bring surgeons and healthcare providers together to create value by increasing patient satisfaction, improving clinical outcomes and reducing costs. As an Engineering Graduate you will join the DePuy Synthes Research and Development team in Leeds. The Leeds campus is one of the world’s leading orthopaedic development facilities, designed to stimulate innovation, communication, and collaboration so we may advance medical device solutions that deliver value for healthcare systems and improve people’s lives. You will be part of a team focused on the development of joint reconstruction implants for the hip and knee, including development of the surgical process and instruments used during surgery. In addition, you will get the opportunity to work within our Quality teams, Operations and Manufacturing teams and Clinical Research team, developing your understanding of products and processes currently available on the market and providing a broad insight into the processes that drive the effectiveness of our business.
During the course of the programme you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and your skill set through Continued Professional Development using internal Johnson & Johnson courses and selected external courses providing internationally recognised qualifications. Engineering and Scientist graduates are also encouraged to enter a Professional Development scheme, leading to corporate membership of an Institution and registration with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer. In addition to this, you will participate in training where you will learn new leadership and technical skills, which will be combined with the opportunity to apply this business knowledge in a challenging manufacturing and development environment. This is an opportunity that will take you and your career further.
- Dynamic, two-year Engineering Graduate Development Programme with rotations across different functions within our cutting-edge R&D, Quality, Operations and Clinical functions.
- We offer exciting and unique departmental experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialised teams such as Research and Development, New Product Development, Design and Bioengineering, Orthopaedic Test Laboratory, Manufacturing, Design Quality and Clinical Research.
- Potential to pursue a number of internal developmental training programmes as well as externally recognised qualifications such as Process Design Excellence.
- Opportunity to work in a fast paced technologically advanced corporate environment.
- Programme focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
To be considered for this programme you must have:
Graduated within the last 2 years with a minimum of a bachelor's/master's degree in one of the following Engineering or scientific disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Product Engineering
- Material Science
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Pro-active approach to achieving success
- A strong desire to work in Orthopaedics
- Willingness to relocate to Leeds
- Eligible to work within the UK on a permanent basis
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)
R&D Engineering (R&D)