Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905775764W
J&J - Actelion - Key Account Manager - Eastern Region
At Johnson & Johnson, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, rare diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Motivated by our dedication to patients, we bring creative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world.
You will serve as the primary contact for target account, Royal Papworth NHS Trust, within Actelion. You’ll analyze account business to gain a deep understanding of customer objectives, market forces and customer challenges to develop strategic plans with your account team. You will engage influential decision makers in the Pulmonary Vascular unit including administrators and service line directors responsible for crafting PAH care within their practices.
You’ll work on how to best engage key customers and accounts, monitor/adapt to changing market/account trends, and collaborate with internal/external partners to build/execute plans that deliver positive business results. An exciting part of your role will be building business cases to attain prioritized investments in your business. You also play a very significant role in leading a diverse group toward achievement of common goals.
The Eastern Region Key Account Managers role in Actelion, is a field-based position with the primary purpose of creating increased awareness of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), through the sales and promotion of our PAH portfolio of products linked to the key prescribing accounts.
- Achieve the sales target set for the account
- Take responsibility for Key Account Planning and ensure delivery against set objective which include individual plans and selling strategies for key customers
- Develop and implement the key account plan through coordination with colleagues and across functions, leading the team and orchestrate all activities associated with the account.
- Take responsibility to provide insights into local developments and lead on local tactics to overcome environmental challenges.
- Develop and implement appropriate coverage and frequency strategy for customers within the key account and associated referral centres. Where necessary, co-ordinate and direct referral activity through the referral team.
- Ensure a multi-channel approach is utilised with customers, maximising the opportunity provided by technology
- Work with customer to identify partnership opportunities with clear business outcomes and value expectations. Ensure these are captured within the plan and that customer commitment is gained.
- Where appropriate, initiate and develop the company’s relationship with new stakeholders. In this regard, work closely with the Professional and Scientific Relations Manager.
- Ensure all meaningful account and customer intelligence is shared within the business and utilised appropriately
- Operate day-to-day activities within the budget allocated. Where specific additional investment is required e.g. for a specific programme or activity, develop a business case as appropriate. This should detail the investment opportunity and the outcomes encouraged.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of disease area, products and company materials and resources.
- Ensure minimum standards for administration are adhered to. Align with all company guidelines and policies.
Degree education, preferably in life science or business-related.
- Broad pharmaceutical industry experience within a sales environment, with a proved track record of commercialising high-value pharmaceutical products into tertiary environment
- Proven experience in use of key account planning as a basis for making both strategic recommendations and delivering tactical level action plans
- Knowledge of NHS structures, policy and strategy sufficient to identify customer needs, and Actelion opportunities, across a broad range of partners
- Key account leadership abilities with proven examples of using others to achieve specific account goals
- Refined interpersonal skills with ability to present and influence at all customer levels to ensure business opportunities are optimised.
- Proven evidence of crafting and implementing programmes in a key account which increase sales through e.g. capacity enhancement, improved patient pathways
- High level selling and influencing skills
- Skills to employ technologies effectively and proficiently
- Strong organisation and time-management skills
- Analytical skills – use of available data to identify business opportunities and track performance
- Positive attitude to change
- · Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a specialist therapeutic area
- Working knowledge of the Actelion core therapy areas (cardiovascular, respiratory)
- Experience of P&L responsibility for territory/account.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Actelion Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd (8616)