Associate Scientist (F/M) –Medicinal Chemistry, Beerse, Belgium
Janssen Research & Development seeks to bring innovative and effective treatments in six therapeutic areas of high unmet medical need. The Janssen campus in Beerse, close to Antwerp, (Belgium) has a unique ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one campus. Our medicinal chemistry group focusses on developing innovative small molecule therapeutics to treat diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, various types of cancers and infectious diseases like Hepatitis B, influenza etc. To strengthen our Medicinal chemistry team in Beerse, we are currently looking for enthusiastic Bachelor- or Master-level chemists with excellent organic synthesis skills.
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- Working on a campus that harbors all aspects of the drug discovery process, located close to the vibrant city of Antwerp.
- An attractive remuneration package with multiple extralegal benefits (for example hospital insurance, onsite gym facilities, and other health care incentives,…)
- An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
- B.Sc. or M. Sc. degree in synthetic, organic or medicinal chemistry
- Practical experience in organic chemistry and associated analytical techniques.
- Highly motivated candidate with strong commitment to lab work.
- Familiar working with databases like Scifinder and/or Reaxys and chemistry related software packages (Chemdraw,…)
- Good oral and written communication skills, fluent in English both verbal and in writing.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)