Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager QC Micro
Requisition ID: 1905773693W
SENIOR MANAGER MICROBIOLOGY QUALITY CONTROL JSC BEERSE
'Caring for the world, one person at a time'... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Beerse Quality Control lab supports various business units of Beerse Commercial and Clinical Supply Chain. As part of the global One Lab organization, the Beerse Quality Control lab helps driving and implementing the Lab of the future strategy.
The QC department Microbiology is responsible for testing finished products, excipients, packaging materials. This lab also performs tests for cleaning and process validations, stability, API and coordinates environmental monitoring at the Beerse and Geel site.
The Senior Manager Microbiology Quality Control reports to the Director Quality Control Beerse.
- Leads a team of about 30 professionals and technicians ensuring reliable microbiology QC testing in support of the Beerse Commercial, Clinical supply chain and ad hoc J&J customers within the global network.
- Ensures that all quality systems are timely and properly executed such that internal, customer service and Health Authority expectations are met.
- Ensures that new projects and techniques are introduced in the lab and is a member of local and global microbiological networks
- Manages the development and implementation of metrics to measure and guide improvements and customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the various processes within the microbiology lab during inspections by health authorities.
- Develops cost control initiatives.
- Attracts, hires develops and mentors talent.
- University degree in microbiology, pharmacy or a related field of study
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry of which at least 5 years as a people leader in a management role;
- Good knowledge of a microbiology laboratory environment;
- Optimal awareness and experience with EHS and GMP norms;
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical legislation, cGMP regulations and guidelines;
- Exposure to EU and FDA inspections.
- Strategic leadership, motivating people and capability to make progress in complex situations are skills that are very good developed;
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving attitude;
- Excellent communicator;
- Ability to build a network and create win-win solutions;
- Excellent influencing and change management skills;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset (willingness to understand Dutch).
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)