Johnson & Johnson Careers
Material Science Technology Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905773641W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time ‘… inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson, we embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Janssen Pharmaceutica is part of Johnson & Johnson and is responsible for bringing innovative medicines towards patients throughout the world.
The Clinical Supply Chain Department (CSC) is part of the Pharmaceutical Development organization and plays a crucial role in delivering medicines to our patients during the development phase of a new product. Within CSC, the Chemical Development Pilot Plants are responsible for the upscaling and finetuning of chemical processes which result in the successful production of new Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s).
Janssen has two state of the art Pilot Plants located in Belgium, the Chemical Development Miniplant (CDMP) in Beerse and the Chemical Development Pilot Plant (CDPP) in Geel.
To strengthen our Pilot Plant team, we are looking for a Manufacturing Sciences Technology (MST) Engineer. With an extensive training in the development organization and the pilot plants you will build up the required project-management skills and plant-expertise. This expertise covers both, chemical process knowledge and the process equipment with their related data systems.
As part of the pilot plant team, the major activities for this challenging role are:
- You are end to end responsible in the pilot plants for new product introductions in close collaboration with the API Development organization and the Pilot Plant team.
- All plant related aspects of the pilot production process are covered by the candidate: process-safety, product-quality, process transfer / project management, plant readiness (equipment availability and operator training), new technology introduction, ...
- Lead optimization activities related to current and new chemical processes, making use of data-analysis and process analytical tools (PAT).
- You support operational activities in the pilot plants: process deviation handling and investigations, continuous improvement programs. You make use of LEAN and Process Excellence techniques (e.g. root cause analysis).
- You build up technical expertise around specific equipment and represent the pilot plant as subject matter expert, e.g. in the shared technology teams or in safety or quality inspections.
- Together with the Technical Operations Department you assist the transfer to commercial production.
- A degree (MS/PhD) in chemistry, chemical engineering, bio engineering or comparable work experience.
- The candidate must have an outspoken interest in technology and working in a chemical operational development environment.
- The candidate should have at least 5 years working experience in a comparable environment.
- Working in an innovative development organization requires a high amount of flexibility, and the ability to combine short timelines with accuracy in execution.
- You have a basic understanding of organic chemistry and chemical process safety requirements.
- Good organizational skills and the capability of managing multiple projects is a requirement. Working knowledge of project management principles is an advantage.
- Experience in lean and process excellence practices is an advantage.
- Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate strong cross-functional collaboration, good communication and team working skills.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)