The Senior Principal Ergonomics and Human Factors is accountable for long term strategy and operational direction to reduc risk and integrate human factors thinking. You will provide global operational support and technical expertise to assess ergonomic risk and apply appropriate solutions to prevent injuries and illness associated with musculoskeletal disorders as well as optimising work place performance for job effectiveness & efficiency, enhancing human performance and preventing injury and improving quality of work.
• You will develops and implements a global strategy for ergonomics / human factors excellence across the regions.
• You will develop the J&J programs, guidelines and tools for multiple applications and support development of relevant policies/standards/metrics that support strategic goals.
• You will enhance capabilities in others through training and mentoring and supports an internal ergonomics network worldwide, providing relevant technical, regulatory and compliance expertise.
• You will demonstrates fresh perspectives, innovative ideas and develops opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills to create better value for the customer
• You will monitor trends in ergonomics / human factors by partnering with universities, industries, and consultants to help shape solutions and approaches for our customers
• You will promote a culture of collaboration, team work and sharing standard methodology across campuses, businesses, sectors and regions.
• Master of Science or higher degree in Ergonomics / Human Factors.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 15 years ergonomics experience.
• Knowledge of Human Factors methods and assessment techniques in relation to international standards and hazardous industries.
• Practical and proven experience of Human error/reliability assessment and system, equipment and design.
• Excellent interpersonal, English communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, influence, teamwork, project and time management.
• Proven ability to quickly interpret regulatory issues and provide solutions.
Professional qualification with proven success at multi-site level.
English and other languages
Ability and willingness to travel up to 35% across EMEA, ASPAC and The Americas is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America-United States, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)