Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Technology Director, Regional PLO Head
Requisition ID: 1905773006W
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for more than 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $80+ billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world. We are thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Senior Technology Director Regional PLO Head will report to the Vice President Technology and CIO Janssen Asia Pacific and is a core member of the regional Technology leadership team.
The Senior Technology Director, Regional PLO Head is a strong leader who will combine consulting, modern Information Technology (IT) expertise, and pharmaceutical business knowledge to transform the way IT is applied in Pharma Commercial space. This role is accountable for information and technology initiatives that maintain compliant operations as well as modernize the business capabilities to meet business needs. As a strategic partner to the business community, the individual will influence future information and technology evolution. In addition to ensuring continuous improvement advances, s/he will build internal and external partnerships for technology evolution, accounting for potential technology changes arising with digital health, social platforms, convergence of therapy and device, data sciences, and automated practices in the healthcare ecosystem. The individual will need to have a Data First mindset as we progress our data journey in the organization.
This role will assume responsibility and direct accountability for the delivery of various programs within Janssen Asia Pacific across multiple product lines. The individual will be expected to possess a clear understanding of integrated platform technology and work closely with external service providers to ensure delivery of solutions.
The individual manages directly the Product Line Organization (PLO) of 16 professionals across 5 Product/Service lines (Customer Engagement, Digital Channels, Operational Analytics, Data Management & Collaboration & Productivity) responsible for provision of solutions at scale, leveraging matrixed IT organizations for solution development, deployment and other information technology-related services and accountable for the smooth operations and service management of the capabilities.
The role will partner closely with the BTL (Business Technology Leaders), BPO, EA & shared services teams to maximize and evolve the various product lines under his/her responsibility to meet business strategic objectives. Additionally, the person will be responsible for overseeing delivery of business technology projects, release planning and technical application life cycle management.
The individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Drives development of a Technology strategy and vision, development and evolution of roadmaps for various product lines aligned to the Janssen and J&J business objectives and the strategic technology framework.
- Collaborates closely with architecture to build roadmaps, ensure end to end process and data flow and evaluate potential technology partners.
- Advises and influences senior management on the marketplace evolution and potential application of information and technology, aligned to the overall Technology strategy.
- Builds superior skills within a strong overall team, owning performance management, talent development and succession for his/her area of responsibility and contributes to the same for the broader IT group.
- Ensures compliance, audit readiness and operational stability of the various platform/application landscape.
- Addresses complex problems with broad implications for IT architecture, balancing the often-competing needs of standardization and innovation.
- Makes decisions regarding resource alignment/dedication and prioritization (people resources, dollars/funding, project criticality) and communicates rationale back to the business.
- Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation as necessary, and participates in compliance activities as required.
- In close partnership with senior business stakeholders, manages governance processes and resources, and will consistently influence, match and prioritize complex demands on multiple informatics and IT services to maximize value to the business.
- Align with stakeholders and development teams on product goals and engage business throughout the development process.
- Ensure all enterprise IT programs and strategies are fully implemented and the right IT processes are fully leveraged in the organization to ensure maximum efficiency – includes program management, investment management, and financial performance.
- Be accountable for the delivery of End-to-End application service management, including Break/Fix and Support for platforms and services owned by the PLO, in line with the platform requirements. Conduct regular business reviews (at least on a quarterly basis) with the stakeholders to review performance; identify / monitor to closure of all key open action items resulting from the reviews.
- Represents Janssen IT and J&J in relevant industry groups and provides a key interface for external IT/informatics partners, collaborators and thought leaders.
Key Working Relationships:
- PLO Team: Lead, mentor and manage the PLO team members.
- PLO Organizations: Build strategy and leverage capabilities
- Business Technology Leaders: Develop insights, manage demand and drive new capabilities
- Architecture teams: Platform strategy and roadmaps
- Business Product Owners: Strategy, direction, policy and project priorities.
- Business Unit platform users: Support & run activity
- Process owners: Understand and influence business process.
- Cross Sector: Partner and collaborate with IT teams in Medical and Consumer
- Technology Services (Shared Services) : Scrum Masters, Application developers and testers, Understand strategy and represent the Pharmaceutical IT organization.
- Health Care Professionals: Understand and work closely with HCPs through company projects to support their work or interact with them through technology.
- Vendor relationships: Manage IT vendors and their services.
- IT community: Benchmark our services and projects against other companies.
- Deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and prior leadership in information and technology support in this domain
- A driver of improved business operations who utilizes robust project and service management to ensure timely delivery of projects that achieve expected benefits.
- A strategic thinker with good technical knowledge and excellent communication and leadership skills, used to influence decision making with business leader.
- A business strategist, pragmatic as needed but capable of innovative thinking relative to new and emerging technologies and analytics, and capable of applying innovative capabilities where appropriate.
- An IT pragmatist, who knows when to leverage corporate infrastructure to deliver upon traditional needs as well as unlock opportunities for innovation from technology.
- A flexible leader that thrives in a rapidly changing technology and business environment while scaling for excellence and global expansion.
- An authentic leader committed to diversity and the practices that create a passionate, energetic and rewarding work environment, with the ability to inspire a diverse, multi-generational workforce and that recognizes and rewards collaboration, performance and inclusion.
- Strong understanding of technology trends and the potential impact on the J&J system portfolio.
- Strong understanding of the business and its operating environment (e.g., trends, competitors, compliance landscape, and regulatory environment).
- Strong knowledge of computer systems validation requirements, and all necessary compliance requirements for workflow, reporting, and information custody is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 18-20 years of relevant experience OR and advanced degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of analytics and data management opportunity and principles and practical application, including various data standards is required.
- Strong business process knowledge, and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex, global business issues is required.
- Strong knowledge of Commercial systems supporting CRM (Veeva, SFDC), multi-channel digital engagement platforms and analytics is required.
- Understanding of the business impact of different solutions and ability to assess impact and communicate the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements, timelines, costs and risks is required.
- Experience with the management of budgets and allocating resources accordingly is preferred.
- Experience working in a Shared Services IT Operating model where development and support services are provided by shared services organizations that support multiple functional and organizational units.
- Strong knowledge of the pharma/healthcare and commercial business and prior leadership in information and technology support in this domain, with demonstrated experience driving new system implementation is required.
- Strong communication skills, and strong relationship development and management capabilities in a global setting is required.
- Experience managing matrixed, consultant, and internal and external technical personnel in a fast-paced, complex, global project environment is required.
- The ability to work in cross functional teams and lead and manage individuals with multidisciplinary backgrounds is required.
- A thorough understanding of:
- 1) methodologies for system design, development, and implementation;
- 2) all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle;
- 3) validation and regulatory requirements is required.
- Experience in the use of Agile methodology, process engineering and prototyping tools is required.
- Having an ITIL certification (Foundation or Practitioner) will be preferred.
- Travel up to 15-20% is required.
- Identify hard trends – things we know will happen
- Leverage soft trends – things that might happen
- While hard trends allow us to see the future, soft trends allow us to change the future
- A product owner has foresight - having a sense for the unknown
- Exude the energy and excitement to bring your vision to life
- Be a natural and enthusiastic encourager - “Hey guys, we’re working on something really big here”
- The energy of the team will be a direct reflection of the energy of the product owner
- Things happen fast in an agile environment so decisions will need to be made quickly
- To foster quick decisions and immediate response when questions arise, the product owner is embedded with the team
- When building a product roadmap, it will be filled with hard decisions
- Seeking first to understand by listening
- Connect people by being a builder of community
- Use the ability to persuade by convincing others instead of coercing them
- Focus on the growth of people by fostering a shared vision and aligning people to a purpose
- Sets high personal standards of performance
- Drives for results and success
- Ability to stay with a problem/thought until settled or objective is no longer attainable
- Overcomes obstacles and works to achieve objectives
- Brings tasks to a successful conclusion
- Delivers results
Change management skills
- Recognizes and communicates need for change
- Drives the change process
- Teaches and encourages others to deal with change
Project Management skills
- Demonstrates a working understanding of Project Management approaches.
- Develops plans that are effective in meeting goals are aligned to the business objectives
- Accurately assesses resource needs
- Develops contingency plans
- Conveys clear goals and expectation when involving others in plans
- Process-oriented individual
- Has ability to map and measure processes
- Has process re-engineering skills and experience from previous work
- Data analysis / statistical skills
- Working knowledge of Process Excellence and Design Excellence is desirable
Technical & functional knowledge skills
- Possesses up to date technical knowledge and functional expertise
- Is regarded as an expert in his / her area
- Uses quantitative data to draw conclusions
- Presents technical / functional information in a manner that is easy to understand
- Knows & accesses resources to obtain further information to accomplish work
- Team player
- Skilled in building relationships with technical and business peers
- Achieves credibility quickly, seen as a trusted expert in his/her area
- Co-operates across functions, business units and geographic boundaries.
- Fosters open communication with partners
- Communicates commitment to the success of the partnership in both words and actions.
- Ability to work with global teams and cultures
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)