Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905772988W
Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist for the Lead Discovery team, located in Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Lead Discovery team in the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (MCP-BE) group as an Associate Scientist.
- Provide expertise in cellular and molecular experiments and assays for TAs.
- Be a key member of MCP-BE and provide experimental supports the characterization of disease targets, the development of high through screening-compatible cell-based assays and perform mechanism-of-action studies on validated hits and analyze data, prepare reports and give scientific presentations.
- Collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects.
- MS degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience or a BS degree with a minimum of 4 years of laboratory experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience in cell culture, microscopy, immunofluorescence, western blotting, qRT-PCR, transduction and transfection.
- hands-on experience in High Content Imaging (HCI) and data analysis is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in automation and assay development in industry standard.
- Strong organizational skills for planning experiments and documentation.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists in multiple disciplines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)