Johnson & Johnson Careers
Commercial Analysis - Student Placement
Requisition ID: 1905772972W
Commercial Analyst - Industrial Placement
Duration: 12 months
Sectors & Locations:
Medical Devices – Wokingham, Berkshire or Leeds, Yorkshire
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Whether it’s making a major investment in developing new products or providing global brands to our customers at affordable prices – Commercial Excellence is at the heart of our business. We partner with all of our different teams to help the business keep growing and make important decisions to meet the needs of our customers, making every penny count. When you join Johnson and Johnson as a Commercial Analyst Placement Student you will embark on an industrial placement year that gives you a high level of exposure to commercial decision making and places you at the very heart of our business.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a Commercial Analyst you are responsible for providing accurate, timely and meaningful financial analysis to influence decisions. You will also provide analysis to business partners including business planning, budgeting, and forecasting and retrospective reporting of sales, league tables and commission calculations. This role will also be involved in wide ranging cross-functional work streams.
You will be instrumental in supporting the team with designing pricing strategies in-line with company structures. You could find yourself collating wording for contracts or analysing current supplier arrangements to enable good commercial outcomes. You will find yourself carrying out detailed data analysis to create presentations and deliver this information in various mediums to different parts of the business.
Key skills and competencies
- Competent and skilled using Microsoft Excel
- Confident and outgoing communicator
- Ability to build strong relationships through communication
- Ability to relay challenging or complex messages
- Strong team working skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent level of analytical ability
- Assertive and diplomatic
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and analyse situations
- Must be a motivated self-starter with ambition
Requirements of the role
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Numerical degree preferred
- Please note these positions will close for application on 15th December 2019
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)