Johnson & Johnson Careers
Inter-region Transport Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 1905772458W
As a member of the Inter-Regional Transport Excellence team (IRTE), this role will be accountable for flawless operational execution of Johnson & Johnson’s inter-region transportation lanes to ensure consistent product availability and highest levels of cu
Lead door-door operational management for Johnson & Johnson inter-region transport lanes, ensuring consistent product availability and highest levels of customer experience.
Responsible for coordination, track & trace and exception management for segment inter-region transportation lanes.
Lead/participate in operational vendor management meetings (business reviews, reporting on operational vendor performance) and lead day to day tactical relationship with the vendors.
As required, partner with distribution Centers and manufacturing facilities to coordinate and manage freight on inter-regional lanes.
Primary point of contact for sites and logistics providers to communicate issues affecting shipment flows, including but not limited to missing documentation, freight delays, quality events and shipping receiving delays.
Lead process improvement projects leveraging PM methodologies like Six Sigma, FPX, etc., to drive reliability and or cost efficiencies for inter-regional transport moves.
Lead a team of high performing operations professionals providing an inclusive, collaborative and developmental environment to ensure business results and personal development.
Lead management reviews and project updates with various levels of stakeholders and management.
Partner with finance and regional transportation organizations to drive financial planning activities like LRFP, BP etc. and manage inter-region freight budget.
Lead operational activities to support global bids for various inter-region transport moves; including requirements, baseline validation and lane implementation to pre-established metrics.
Lead other lane management activities include but are not limited to:
Support execution of new lane implementation due to a tender, new lane requirement, new site, launch, etc and lane optimization on lanes in scope, including assessing lane performance
Collaborate, lead and be a change agent to drive end to end process improvements to ensure efficient freight hand overs, seamless regulatory/customs approvals and optimal lead-times for all inter-region supply chain movements, working closely with internal and external supply chain and logistics partners.
- A&D initiative support
- Additional responsibilities:
- Freight auditing
- Budgeting/Finance Support
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, 4-6 years experience
- Experience in a combination of one or more of the following: Logistics, Customer Service or Supply Chain is required
- Experience working in a highly matrixed, global organization is required
- Multi-sector experience is strongly preferred
- Business Development experience strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the end to end supply chain is required
- People Management experience with a track record of developing and building diverse, high performance teams with a strong sense of mission is required
- Track record of delivering results & managing against milestones and deadlines is required
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and implement approved projects is required
- Budget management experience $2-4MM or more is preferred
- Knowledge of Instantis (or other PPM tool) is preferred
- Knowledge of PMP/LEAN/SIX SIGMA/APICS/FPX/SDLC methodologies is preferred
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)