This position supports implementation of the Innovation Center Asia Pacific strategy to develop a deep and credible network with innovators and entrepreneurs in biotech and VC community, also with leading scientists and clinicians in academia, government and non-profit organizations. The individual will actively identify and evaluat external opportunities in China, support negotiations and play a critical role in management of academic and industrial collaborations that have potential to impact J&J portfolio for the global markets. He/she will work closely with the senior director to effectively manage opportunity review within the organization, participate in the due diligence teams to assess scientific risk and opportunities.
• Responsible for the identification of target opportunities and the building of scientific and business relationships with emerging Med-tech companies, entrepreneurs, venture capital groups and academic KOLs in China.
• Responsible for outreach to external stakeholders to coordinate review of investment opportunities aligned with Global Externa Innovation strategy.
• Accountable for maintaining a network of relationships within the local community, the flow and quality of opportunities and alignment with business and GEI strategy.
• Participate in establishing Public- Private partnerships
• Responsible for establishing and developing key internal stakeholder relationships and identifying internal scientific champions for transactions.
• Collaborate with the Senior Director External Innovation China, responsible for ensuring that resources are engaged in an orderly, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner in the evaluation of external opportunities.
• Work closely with the Transactions group to assist in deal negotiation.
• Assist in the follow up collaborations for successful implementation through on-boarding and ongoing responsibility for alliance management.
MD or PhD is required, MBA is preferred. At least 5-7 years of professional experience is required in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry/academia, with experience in drug or device R&D preferred. Experience in business development and/or venture capital investing is required. Experience in the evaluation and execution of a diverse set of business development opportunities is preferred. Travel will be required.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)