Johnson & Johnson Careers
Customer Development Student Placement 2020
Requisition ID: 1905772189W
Sales and Customer Development Industrial Placement 2019
Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU. By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Customer Development: This team is J&J's key point of contact with our many customers, from large national retailers to local pharmacies. Customer Development manages accounts, develops and maintains relationships, sells products and ultimately reaches our sales targets.
It is sales with a difference. It’s not about making a quick buck. We believe in building long-lasting relationships and being a valued customer partner. Join us and you’ll receive all the training and support you need to get to know our products inside and out and help deliver against our sales targets by building strong partnerships with internal colleagues and customers. And as we’re Johnson & Johnson, you’ll be able to stand in front of your customers, 100% confident about the integrity, quality and heritage of products that make a real difference to people’s lives.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities such as preparing and executing plans to share with retailers, keeping the team up to date with what is happening n retailers for our products and competitors via Store visits. You may be responsible for conducting business analysis and tracking and make recommendations to the business. Also, expect to work closely with the marketing team to create engaging plans that will results in the “triple Win” (For our Consumers, Our Customers and For Us). No 2 days are the same within the Customer Development team at J&J. There are also opportunities throughout the year to take art in cross functional projects and have contacts with the senior leaders in the business.
- Regular store visits
- Tracking and reporting sales figures
- Working alongside Shopper Marketing to create effective point of sale material
- Presenting of new products and promotions / deals to customers
- Supporting the creation of strategies for each brand alongside the Marketing team
- Carrying out business planning such as forecasting and trade investment management
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business related, design and bio science degree types preferred
- Take responsibility for delivering results and eagerly accept challenges
- Ability to digest information effectively and consequently prioritise
- Strategic thinker
- Market assessment and targeting skills
- Big picture orientation
- Intellectual curiosity
- Prudent risk taker
- Builds strong, productive relationships
- Demonstrates ability to work well in a team
- Demonstrate self-awareness by actively seeking feedback and using constructive criticism
- Effective listener remaining open to other’s ideas
- Analytical skills
Please note that we will close for first round of applications on the 15th November
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-50-100 Holmers Farm Way
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)