Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientific Director of Statistical Modeling & Methodology
Requisition ID: 1905771996W
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary hypertension (PH). Our portfolio of PH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
SCIENTIFIC DIRECTOR OF STATISTICAL MODELING & METHODOLOGY
Location: Allschwil, Switzerland
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Statistical & Decisions Sciences (SDS) integrates Clinical Biostatistics, non-Clinical Biostatistics and Statistical Methodology & Modeling (SMM) in a single aligned organization as part of the Quantitative Sciences (QS) department within Janssen Research & Development. We work in cross-disciplinary teams and apply quantitative principles across the R&D portfolio to enable optimal decision-making at the earliest time point and in the most efficient manner.
The Scientific Director of Statistical Modeling and Methodology is responsible for:
- taking the lead and supporting the broad implementation of approaches to improve quantitative decision making at program and portfolio levels;
- the SMM first-point-of-contact for projects in the area of pulmonary arterial hypertension
- identifying opportunities to utilize complex innovative trials designs and statistical analysis methods; developing and implementing innovative designs and analysis methods and evaluating them via simulation studies and other appropriate instruments;
- interacting with cross-functional clinical teams to ensure the proper implementation of novel quantitative approaches in clinical trials and development programs;
- providing/arranging internal training on novel designs and methods to ensure adequate knowledge and awareness of these approaches in the company;
- maintaining external collaborations and interactions (via professional associations, participation in conferences, publications, etc.) to influence the external pharmaceutical industry and regulatory environment.
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) or equivalent in Biostatistics or related field, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in drug development and/or applied quantitative methods for decision making, significant familiarity with scientific programming and simulation.
- Sound knowledge of model-informed drug development, complex innovative designs, clinical trial simulations and clinical biostatistics methods (including Bayesian methods), regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of and experience with the application of causal inference methods in drug development (including randomized clinical trials) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of statistical modeling software such as R, RStan, WinBUGS, ADDPLAN, FACTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills. Experience presenting to technical and lay groups at public meetings desirable. Written skills as evidenced by publication and journal articles also desirable.
- Ability to provide scientific leadership to teams and mentorship to junior individuals in the department
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships inside and outside the department; ability and willingness to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Good sense of cultural sensitivity and diversity
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Swiss Confederation) (8542)