Johnson & Johnson Careers
Category Development Executive
Requisition ID: 1905771966W
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans for the future make this a great place to further your career.
The Category Development team is tasked with delivering category plans that build sustainable growth and profit relative to category expectations for both J&J and our retail partners.
The Category Development team are the primary link between Customer Development and our external retailers and by determining the visibility of our brands at all shopper touchpoints both in store and online, their role is critical to the success of J&J in the marketplace.
Building partnerships with our selected retailers through the deployment of our category strategies and compelling actionable solutions will enable us to grow category sales for the mutual benefit of our retailers and J&J. Winning at shelf and online is the primary goal of this team and the Category Development Manager is accountable for delivery of distribution and presence gains. A full understanding of the category and shopper needs will ensure the required positive outcomes for J&J at range reviews.
- Assigned categories. Deployment of tactics relating to category strategy drivers, creation of shelf strategies and delivery of shelf wins both physical and virtual.
- Customer specific joint value creation projects.
- Externally facing role.
- Key partners: Retailers, Customer Development, CS&P, Shopper Insight, Regional Shopper, Marketing, (Supply).
- Analyses and makes recommendations for all category distribution/space changes in retailer range reviews based on shopper understanding, sales performance, retailer data, sku performance, shopper decision trees, incrementality and substitutability.
- Ensures all proposals are in line with the distribution, shelf and merchandising principles that meet shopper needs and optimise the assortment to maximise sales for the retailer and J&J.
- Set objectives for all range reviews in conjunction with CD team, takes ownership to gain agreement to the changes and is accountable for excellent delivery.
- Provide range/assortment recommendations that enable fast distribution and high quality visibility of NPI both in store and online.
- Utilise planograming software to create and present fully tailored planograms detailing the proposed range review recommendations.
- Demonstrate expertise by utilising the J&J Category strategy at all external meetings to provide clarity on J&Js view and work to develop retailer specific tactical action plan.
- Provide actionable insights and practical distribution, shelf and merchandising solutions at the point of purchase to meet shopper expectations, grow category sales and gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure all external contact has a compelling insight at its heart with a clear ‘so what’ and a tangible action.
- Work with target retailers to develop category partnerships and/or to unlock JVC opportunities for the business.
- Develop strong working relationships with your retail customer by becoming the category authority and offering advice that supports the total category business.
- Figure out correct contact strategy to ensure (where applicable) J&J are range review partners.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of retailer’s strategies, opportunities and challenges and look to align to and/or address these with any proposals made.
- Lead customer specific projects that are unlocked through the above, e g. fixturisation project.
- Craft CD briefs with the team leader and other meaningful parts of IBP process including clear guidance on distribution opportunities, opportunities for NPI, sku hierarchies, ROS guidance and risks from tail skus.
- Engage in retailer planning days fully providing the objective category story to support J&J initiatives.
- Active involvement in the Joint Business Planning process including the key opportunities are by retailer.
- Experience working in the retail environment preferably across channels and formats.
- Winning attitude and takes personal responsibility for delivering results.
- Ability to develop positive relationships across multiple partners.
Insights and Action
- Eagerness to learn and mine data to drive insight and action.
- Action orientated.
- Willingness to understand cross functions to ensure rounded view.
- Ability to develop strong external partnerships to drive action.
- Strong retailer understanding.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)