Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Requisition ID: 1905771809W
Position Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Department: Supply Chain Procurement, Consumer China
Reports to: Head of Supply Chain Procurement, Consumer China
Location: Dongchuan Road, Minhang District
SCOPE OF THE ROLE AND BASIC PURPOSE
This position is designed to make a significant contribution towards the overall Strategic Sourcing objectives as well as meeting J&J Consumer China business and operations needs and targets. This is only possible through close partnering with Regional & Global Category teams, Operations, Marketing, Technical and Project teams. The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for part of the Packaging category (Pumps, Tubes, non-paper flexible packaging, etc.) with an approximate spend of US $ 30 MM.
A typical Sourcing Manager would do the following:
1. Continuously influence and optimize the purchasing spend from the suppliers of the commodity for respective manufacturing locations in China. Deliver cost improvement targets for spend pool, mitigate the inflation.
2. Set up localization strategy to achieve year on year supply agility improvement
3. Process-based sourcing (e.g., RFI/RFQ/RFP, reverse auctions, interests-based direct negotiations)
4. Identify and implement methods to reduce cycle times, improve supplier performance and optimize supply network through Lean initiatives.
5. Develop and execute supplier selection, negotiation processes and agreement development, execution & administration
6. Support the regional commodity team to develop sourcing strategy and deploy the regional strategies for commodities and local suppliers
7. Develop SRM process and implement SRM with key vendors in China.
8. Expand robust BCP for critical materials/suppliers and coordinate with region
9. Work very closely with local Operations supporting the local business and delivering a variety of purchasing activities including NPD support and local regulation compliance.
10. Elevate supplier GMP through frequent monitoring & periodic QA audits, enhance the Zero Defect mindset at vendors in China and implement related project to improve the chemical quality
11. Thorough financial quantitative modeling for total China spend pool including BP, JU, monthly PPV analysis.
12. Managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
13. He or she is also expected to be responsible to lead and coordinate functional P&L reconciliation.
RESPONSIBILITIES, ACTIVITIES AND KEY MEASURES
1. Improve total cost of ownership of locally sourced materials
2. Manage supplier relationships and performance
3. Develop local vendor base for materials localization
4. Team with functional business partners
5. Sourcing analytics and business / financial updates
Key measures will be derived from the Strategic Sourcing OGSM around:
Creating Value through Fast track Innovation
Global Reach / Local Focus via Agile Customer Solutions
Excellence in Execution to End to End Value
Leading with Purpose by Strengthening Our Core
The Sourcing Manager will be measured on:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
Johnson & Johnson (China) Ltd. (7047)