Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Polymer Material Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905770346W
DePuy Synthes, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and well-being of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
Working with the Materials Engineering Team Lead, the primary purpose of the Senior Polymer materials engineer is to provide a leading role in project delivery of Polymer Raw Materials related projects as part of the cluster Materials Development team. You will have responsibility for leading and delivering projects relating to the Polymer Worldwide Strategy. Application of Engineering and Materials knowledge to relevant manufacturing processes both internally and externally to optimise the end to end manufacturing process. Collaborating with Source, Procurement, R&D, Engineering and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for identifying and leading materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum manufacturing process in terms of Quality, Service and COGS.
What you’re great at:
- Are you innovative, tenacious and passionate about Poly Materials?
- Performance and results driven
- Culturally aware and politically sensitive
- A great teammate
- Good influencing skills
- Project Management skills
- Good communicator
As a Senior Polymer Material Engineer, your typical day may include:
- Ownership for projects in the area Materials Development
- High level understanding of Materials manufacturing processes
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Responsible for the identification, valuation, planning, organizing, execution, and coordination of quality, deliver and value improvement projects at key, strategic metals suppliers.
- Implement of cost-effective manufacturing solutions to drive end to end manufacturing efficiencies in partnership with Source and strategic suppliers
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities align with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
- SME for Poly Materials and related manufacturing process
- Development of advanced materials related manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain, including raw materials, process design and optimisation
- Support the creation of capital business cases for new process development projects
- Development of advanced material test methods for material specification lab testing
- Operate within the company’s standard operating procedures where applicable, review, maintain and create appropriate procedures for sphere of activity.
- Maintain a good level of housekeeping in designated areas and observe all HS&E requirements.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail and have
- BSc in Materials Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
- Good knowledge of medical grade Polymers
- Project management experience
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
- Committed to caring
- Responsible to our communities
- Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
- Rare in our background and experiences
- The drivers of our own success
- Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)