Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader
Requisition ID: 1905769861W
Role: Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader.
Location: Cork, Ireland.
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Closing Date: 27th September 2019.
DePuy Synthes, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the primary purpose of the Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead is to lead professionals in the Manufacturing Engineering team. The role is also Responsible for leading a team to deliver projects into the manufacturing site and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost.
What you’re great at:
• Are you innovative, tenacious and passionate about Engineering?
• Performance and results driven.
• Culturally aware and politically sensitive.
• A team player.
• Good influencing skills.
• Project Management skills.
• Good generalist (experienced quality person).
• Good communicator.
As a Manufacturing Engineer Team Lead, your typical day may include:
• Manage stakeholders on site and globally and communicate project updates as required.
• Guide team members regarding commissioning and validation approach for equipment/processes.
• Talent development of team members through coaching, training and personalised developments plans.
• Business plan development through the identification and execution of projects and savings in areas such as Quality, Capacity, Scrap and Consumables reduction.
• Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
• To cultivate external relationships and forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise.
• Manage expectations with equipment and facilities vendors to manage their delivery to agreed contracts.
• Collaborate with the Virtual teams and ensure alignment across sites on the equipment being purchased and the process development.
• Actively promote a safety culture.
• Management of tasks and action plans relating to corrective and preventative actions assigned to the team.
• Manage contractors / vendors working on site to ensure full compliance with site safety requirements.
• Management of the engineering budget for the areas of responsibility.
• Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
• Provide updates to management on a weekly and monthly basis in relation to financial performance in the projects areas.
• Provide support to the team in Root Cause Analysis of supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
• Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
• Provision of clearly defined responsibilities and objectives to team members.
• Definition and execution of individual performance improvement and development plans for team members in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives and objectives.
• Provision of effective performance reviews in a timely manner .
• Provision of continuous support and mentoring to the team members.
• Identification of training needs of staff and opportunities for development to maximize their potential.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Engineering team.
• Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Engineering team.
• Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Training, Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s across the team.
• Ensure all process development and validation activities within the team are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
• Provide direction and support for the development of validation strategies.
• Work with Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
• Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
• Strong people management, mentoring & coaching skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Flexible work ethic.
• Strong influencing skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good Problem Solving skills.
• Drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments.
• Excellent planning & organisation skills with an attention for detail.
• Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail and have
• Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering projects.
• Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
• Excellent Planning & Organisational Skills
• Previous people management experience.
• Foundry experience ideally in Investment Casting.
• Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
• Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring.
• Responsible to our communities.
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
• Rare in our background and experiences.
• The drivers of our own success.
• Passionate about doing what’s right.
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com.
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)