Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sales Specialist - Trauma - North Yorkshire
Requisition ID: 1905769759W
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
To find out more about who we are, take look at these videos:
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care within the hospital setting —working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centred healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
We are recruiting a Sales Specialist for our DePuy Synthes business covering the North Yorkshire territory.
- Achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle.
- Within allocated geographical region, interact and promote products to key customers and partners in secondary care. Takes the lead in running the Specialty customer.
- Manage territory through the development of comprehensive business plans. Focus on the highest value opportunities to grow and develop new business including taking competitor share and the adoption of new technologies whilst maintaining key customers and core business.
- Run and develop accounts and be responsible for the relationship between the Company and the customer, ensuring efficient alignment of all efforts to maximise impact of all activities driving growth.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager and other colleagues to define commercial requirements to grow and protect our business.
- Ensure key insights from the external marketplace are appropriately shared internally to shape future business plans.
- Ensure competence in procedural focus area and product portfolio.
- Act as an ambassador for Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices aligned to our Credo.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Analyse and interpret account strategies and plans utilizing key systems and data, both internally and externally, where appropriate to gain a deep understanding of the business environment and insights in to account needs
- Develop, deploy and maintain tactical account business plans that align to business and customer objectives to deliver agreed objectives
- Prepare appropriate plans to meet with customers (with contingencies) in order to deliver on account plans and achievements
- Prepare presentations for meetings as appropriate
- Build strong networks of relationships that enable the identification of mutually beneficial opportunities to sell key technologies in the surgical procedural environment
- Present brand value propositions and valuable customer solutions to positively influence buying behaviours
- Work reciprocally with colleagues across Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices to deliver business plan
- Collaborate with other Sales Specialists and commercial teams to deliver coordinated approach where applicable
- Respond to requests for support from other customer facing colleagues and actively share information and insights where customer may be shared across via the customer relationship management system
- Contribute and collaborate with colleagues in regional team to work reciprocally towards regional business planning goals
Professional Education and Marketing
- Leadership of customer training activities
- Partner with Professional Education to develop and maintain associated KOL relationships as well as championing the effective use of the Company’s comprehensive Professional Education offering
- Understand technical information pertinent to the procedure and product platform
- Maintain up-to-date market and industry knowledge
Skills and competencies required:
- Strong Selling & Negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively plan
- Excellent communication skills –written, spoken and presentation ability
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Influencing and business partnering skills – understands partners requirements, ability to analyse requirements and develop strategies that drives the adoption of technologies and become a trusted business advisor providing solutions
- Ability to build trust with customers by asking probing questions that helps the customer achieve their objectives, acting in a consultative manner
- Effectively utilise the Company’s selling tools (Integrity Selling)
- Continual learning utilising the internal training modules
- Maintain deep clinical expertise in procedure and product knowledge
- Networking – dedicated in business situations; expands network continually; comfortable in meeting new people and stimulating conversation
- Collaborating and teaming – standout colleague, actively engages and collaborates across functional boundaries.
- Drive and tenacity and a strong winning spirit
- Information Technology skills
Education & Experience:
- Understanding of the external secondary care environment
- Proven successful track record in selling, ideally within the Medical Devices sector
- Degree desirable
- ABPI (where appropriate)
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)