Johnson & Johnson Careers
Health Technology Partnerships Senior Manager, Global External Innovation
Requisition ID: 1905769593W
Johnson & Johnson is the leading health and well-care company in the world, touching over a billion people per day. While our people, brand, scientific and manufacturing expertise, and extensive ecosystem relationships are second to none, our ambitious mission to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity will require bold, innovative applications of technology.
The Health Technology team is a new group based in San Francisco, CA (with presence at the company’s headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ), created to drive strategic adoption of technology across J&J. The team is comprised primarily of experienced operating leaders from successful technology companies (e.g. Google, Dropbox, LinkedIn), and partners with commercial and R&D leaders to identify opportunities to use technology to address health challenges at global scale. The team also develops the strategic and operational plans around those opportunities and executes the applicable product, program, partnership, investment and acquisition needs. Health Tech is comprised of 4 main sub-teams: Strategy & Business Operations, Partnerships & Corporate Development, Software Engineering, and Product.
The Health Tech Partnerships & Corporate Development team is looking to hire a Senior Manager to help drive technology partnership efforts in the Asia-Pacific region within J&J’s Global External Innovation (GEI) team. In this role, you will help build a technology partnership strategy, as well as help drive the execution and operationalization of such partnerships, in emerging areas where technology will most significantly impact health care (such as disease elimination through prevention, interception and cures, as well as how health and well-care is delivered, managed, and experienced). Your experience in building impactful and scaled technology partnerships, user-centric focus, nimble execution focus, and cross-functional leadership will help shape solutions that touch billions of lives. Representative strategic areas of interest include lung cancer, tuberculosis, metabolic disease, and other prevalent global health challenges.
This role will be based in Shanghai.
· Build new technology partnership business plans (including strategy, partner landscaping and prioritization) for impactful growth opportunities in strategic areas
· Lead cross-functional teams (including across GEI, R&D, Legal, Finance, Product, Marketing, and more) to identify, structure, negotiate, and execute a variety of complex partnerships and collaborations with a wide array of technology companies
· Partner with other members of the Health Tech team as well as across the J&J enterprise to develop and launch an impactful solution
· Develop a deep industry expertise and persuasively communicate actionable partnership recommendations to relevant business units and executive management across the broader organization
· Build and manage strong relationships with key people (founders, investors, etc.) and companies in the industry
· Serve as a digital subject matter expert for other external innovation resources across J&J
· Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic record (MBA or other Master’s degree a plus)
· 5+ years of demonstrated success in a business development, partnerships or equivalent role at a leading technology company
· Analytical and creative thinker with a strong understanding of technology business models
· Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with senior level internal and external stakeholders
· Collaborative, high energy, and persistent personality, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
· High capacity for learning quickly, attention to detail, and managing simultaneous projects successfully, with a strong bias for action
· Passion for health and well care
· Great sense of humor
· Preferred: both small and large tech company experience, digital health experience
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)