Johnson & Johnson Careers
Operations Team Leader
Requisition ID: 1905769459W
Role: Operations Team Lead
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland.
Reports to: Value Stream Manager
DePuy Synthes, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
What you’re great at:
• You will have a proven back round in leadership.
• The ability to influence.
• You must be a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
• Good communication skills.
As an Operations Team Lead, your typical day may include:
PEOPLE (CREDO VALUES & STANDARDS OF LEADERSHIP)
- Effectively manage/allocate manpower using resource scheduler, flexibility matrix, etc
- Motivate and develop staff in line with the standards of leadership
- Assist in the selection of new employees as required to meet business needs
- Facilitate a team based approach
- Complete performance appraisals in a timely manner
- Effectively manage absence, lates & disciplinary matters in a fair and reasonable manner in line with company policies and credo values.
- Establish individual goals and objectives and measure actual performance.
- Develop a credo based culture, establishing credo teams to focus on specific indices
- Provide timely feedback to employees on performance
- Communicate with staff on a regular and consistent basis as defined.
- Keep management informed of er issues & concerns in a timely manner.
- Continuous improvement focus
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Act as emergency response coordinator when required.
• Ensure all accidents & near misses are reported, investigated and ensure actions are closed.
• Ensure all HSE policies and procedures are adhered to in accordance with the responsibilities defined in the company safety statemen.
• Ensure staff are trained in all relevant HSE procedures.
• Actively promote HSE within the department and ensure health & safety is a goal for all direct reports.
• The team leaders are responsible for the implementation and control of the environmental, health and safety procedures at plant level including supervisory responsibility for production personnel.
• All employees are responsible for minimizing both the environmental and health and safety effects of the work that they perform.
• Promote a quality culture within team.
• Work with QA to eliminate close calls and repeat close calls.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained within areas of charge.
• Ensure CGMP’s are maintained within area of charge.
• Prioritize production in line with customer service requirement.
• ensure backorders are fast tracked through processes.
• achieve production targets – hours recovered, units manufactured, productivity, etc.
• promote an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in line with lean thinking and process excellence.
• ensure equipment is operated and maintained in an efficient manner.
• ensure all equipment condition checks are performed on time.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail and have
• Third level or equivalent qualification preferably within Engineering or Business.
• Demonstration of leadership capabilities in previous role.
• Understanding of requirements of cGMP and familiarity with other relevant regulatory requirements.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring.
• Responsible to our communities.
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
• Rare in our background and experiences.
• The drivers of our own success.
• Passionate about doing what’s right.
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com.
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)