Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Plant Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905768900W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time ‘… inspires and unite the people of Johnson & Johnson, we embrace research and science- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people
Janssen Pharmaceutica is part of Johnson & Johnson and is responsible for bringing innovative medicines towards patients throughout the world.
The Clinical Supply Chain Department (CSC) is part of the Pharmaceutical Development organization and plays a crucial role in delivering medicines to our patients during the development phase of a new product. Within CSC, the Pilot Plants are responsible for the upscaling and finetuning of processes which result in the successful production of new Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s) or Drug Product (DP) .
Janssen has three state of the art Pilot Plants located in Belgium, an API and a DP pilot plant in Beerse and an API pilot plant in Geel.
To strengthen our Clinical Small Molecule Make (CSMM) organization we are looking for a Senior Plant Systems Engineer. After an extensive training in our pilot plants, you will build up the required project-management skills and plant-expertise. This expertise covers both the work-processes and the automation systems with their related data systems.
You are a part of our Clinical Small Molecule Make organization and the major activities for this challenging role are:
- You build up user expertise on Execution Management Systems (level 3) and their interfaces with Process Control Systems (level 2), Supply Chain Management Systems (level 4) and Data Collection Systems like OSI PI. Focus is on Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) with different functionalities like Electronic batch Recording and Equipment Logging.
- Together with the plant engineers, the small molecule development organization and the CSC Systems group, you define the future needs of these IT tools/applications in our pilot plants to support actual and future needs.
- You play a major role in the implementation and onboarding of these systems in the plant. You provide day-to-day plant support in case of issue management to assure the right compliance level and on time delivery to our patients.
- You work together with the CSC Systems group in the implementation of IT tools which are necessary for the use of Process Analytical Tools (PAT) and process models including the associated data- analysis tools.
- You lead a team of Recipe writers (MES, PAS-X) who are responsible for writing and updating the plant recipes for new product introductions.
- You build up user expertise in scheduling systems, master-data systems and level 4 systems which have an impact on plant readiness.
- As part of the end to end CSC data-strategy, you are content-wise responsible of the structured recipe model in CSMM in alignment with SMPD and JSC.
- You also lead a team of Production Integrators who are coordinating all activities related to plant readiness to maximize schedule attainment. This team also coordinates the flow of goods /data/samples/documents in and out of the plant.
- Together with this team, you optimize work-processes and systems to support plant readiness.
- You set-up a program to assure the IT-systems in the plant are GMP compliant with focus on data-integrity. You can act as a Subject Matter Expert(SME) for this topic during compliance audits
- You have a degree in Engineering Sciences or comparable by experience.
- Basic understanding of automation systems and an outspoken interest in future trends like Industry 4.0, data-analysis and related technology.
- You have at least 5 years working experience in a Pharmaceutical Make environment.
- You have the ability to work in a creative and innovative development organization, that requires short timelines and high flexibility in combination with high accuracy.
- Good organizational skills and people management skills, capable of handling multiple projects is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of project management principles is an advantage.
- You are able to demonstrate strong multi-functional collaboration, good communication and teaming skills.
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)