Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director Manufacturing and Applied Statistics
Requisition ID: 1905768418W
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are recruiting for an Associate Director position within Statistics & Decision Sciences (SDS), to be located in High Wycombe, United Kingdom.
SDS integrates broad and deep expertise in areas that range from Drug Discovery through Phases 2 and 3 clinical studies and post-market Medical Affairs and Real World Evidence, with Manufacturing Lifecycle support throughout. As part of Quantitative Sciences that comprises SDS and Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics, we work in cross-disciplinary teams and apply quantitative principles across the R&D portfolio to enable optimal decision-making at the earliest time point and in the most efficient manner.
The Manufacturing and Applied Statistics (MAS) group within SDS at Janssen R&D, we are seeking an individual to join the team. The scope of the MAS team focuses on needs outside traditional clinical trials. This primarily includes manufacturing sciences and also some other specialized applied areas such as immunological assay development and safety for biologics and vaccines.
Managing direct reports and contract partners is possible based on emerging business needs, as the High Wycombe group is a new location with plans for growth across the SDS organization.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Leading Strategically both internally and externally.
- Collaborating with researchers on experimental design, data analysis, interpretation and communication of data evidence for research, development, and/or marketed product needs in Janssen R&D or other J&J organizations.
- Serving as a statistics representative for cross-functional teams.
- Ensuring appropriate research and application of statistical methodology.
- Leading and co-authoring publications and presentations.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Good oral and written skills are essential, as is the desire to learn enough of the relevant science to interact effectively.
- Knowledge of linear mixed models and multivariate analysis is essential.
- Your experienced in modern data analysis techniques and experiences such as Bayesian models, data visualization, and analysis of high-dimensional data is desirable.
- Excellent software skills for data wrangling, modeling, and reporting are essential.
- A high level of experience in programming in R language
- Your constantly eager to expand statistical, communications, and computing expertise.
- You love the process of building long-term collaborative relationships, be at ease with either a non-rigid or rigid structure to projects, and be organized in handling numerous projects simultaneously.
- Participating in the external professional community is expected as well.
DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE?
- PhD in Statistics / MSc in Statistics or Quantitative Sciences field with commensurate experience.
- Proficiency of R statistical software.
- Demonstrated written, oral, and personal interpersonal skills.
- Able to autonomously and within a team environment.
- You can work in interdisciplinary contexts outside statistics.
- Travel up to 5% of the time.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)