The current post-doctoral position will be at the Janssen research site in Val-de-Reuil France with access to the most innovative science and latest state-of-the-art technologies and expertise.
You will be integrated for an 18-month period into a research team at the Val-de-Reuil site, however you will also work in collaboration with other Janssen research sites and a prominent external partner.
- You will independently plan and execute multi-step synthesis of complex target molecules adhering to Janssen’s high standards for compound quality, data integrity and health & safety regulation.
- You will learn to interpret with a critical eye key pharmacological and ADME data and actively contribute to the design of small molecule inhibitors of a novel enzyme target - taking hits from a recent biological screen and modifying them into potent and selective inhibitors of the desired target, with cell-based activity.
- You will present the progress of the research at project meetings as well as to stage gate reviews and governance committees.
What will you bring to the role?
- A passion for hands-on science and delivering quality results.
- Superior communication skills paired with strong organization and planning drive
- Ease in taking a leadership stand in order to drive decision making in a research project
- Ability to prepare and deliver skilled presentations on technical data that have strong impact
- Critical thinking mindset and capability to see things from different perspectives
- Creativity and ability to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems
- Enthusiasm with a can-do mentality that proactively connects to the Medicinal Chemistry team and other relevant departments, and fosters discussion and knowledge exchange.
- Desire for continuous learning, and the ability to identify, evaluate and implement emerging areas of science.
Janssen Cilag S.A.S. (7825)