Johnson & Johnson Careers
Facility Engineer - Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision
Requisition ID: 1905768041W
About the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies
Johnson & Johnson is a company committed to doing good for the world. We blend Heart, Science and Ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Johnson&Johnson Vision is a leading global optical company that develops life changing techniques for all ages. We provide eye surgeons and their patients with a complete solution that includes a range of advanced products and services developed to help people of all ages with sight defects. We offer market leading technique for laser surgery, equipment for cataract operations and intraocular lenses. We also offer a program for education and support that help eye surgeons to master the full range of the technology.
Johnson&Johnson Vision in Uppsala produce the ophthalmic viscoelastic device Healon. We manufacture our products from scratch. A substance is produced from raw materials and is through different steps in production processed to finished products. The whole process takes several days and monitored closely. A variety of quality assurance measures are made continuously. It is important that the product is free from particles, fibers and odor. Improvements to the product and the process are made continuously to lift the organization to a more efficient level and to position ourselves in front of our competitors. At our site in Uppsala, there are many different tasks and employees with different experiences and skills. We are about 120 employees located in Uppsala and 8 400 employees worldwide within Johnson&Johnson Vision.
Facility Engineer in Engineering and Property Services
Engineering and Property Service main purpose is to provide compliant utility’s and environments for operation organization to produce Healon product family. Focus area is Clean rooms, WFI water, Clean Steam and facility in general. We are now looking for a new team member to strengthen our quality commitment and general maintenance support within the department.
- Ensures preventive maintenance of building utilities and machinery, manufacturing systems, mechanical and electromechanical equipment.
- Drive and develop work within the scope of your QMS, nonconformity and change request.
- Builds and drives priorities and timelines for project completion while working to control costs, expenses, and manage to budgets
- Presents finalized procedures in defined formats for document control and diligently verifies files and records for historical purposes.
- Submits ad hoc estimates of design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related expenses for budgetary purposes.
- Provides criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Conducts incident investigations and documents outcomes.
- A completed university degree within Engineer or equivalent YH degree with specialization in technology. Alternatively, trained high school engineer with supplementary education in the technology area that is considered equivalent (required).
- Good spoken and written Swedish and English language (required).
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (required).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Life science industry (preferred).
- Possibility to every fourth week preform on-call duty for a week (on site within one hour, in case of emergency) (required).
What you will need to succeed
We need a person that is multiskilled, having both an administrative as well as practical talent. Persistently seek new knowledge in technical solution with in our area of expertise. Constantly nurture a network of people both internally and externally to retrieve news, knowledge and use as support to discuss new ideas and solutions. If this is you we look forward to view your application!
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an updated CV & Cover letter. The selection process is ongoing from the day of advertisement, ensure to send in you application as soon as possible. As part of the recruitment process we will ask final candidates to complete a health checkup and take a drug test.
AMO Uppsala AB (8507)