Johnson & Johnson Careers
Cologno Monzese, Italy
Business Relationship Management
Requisition ID: 1905767470W
Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational company founded in 1886, a world leader in the development of products and devices for surgical therapies and pharmaceutical companies, as well as in the marketing of consumer products for personal hygiene, and is organized into three business segments: Pharmaceutical, Medical, Consumer.
Every day more than 120,000 employees work in 250 companies of the Group, located in 60 countries. In Italy there are all the three sectors, each of which represents one of the segments mentioned above:
- Janssen SpA (Pharmaceutical Sector):
Marketing Company: Cologno Monzese (MI)
Plant: Borgo San Michele (Latina)
- Johnson & Johnson SpA (Consumer Sector):
Marketing Company and Plant: Santa Palomba (Rome)
- Johnson & Johnson Medical SpA (Medical Sector):
Marketing Company: Pratica di Mare (Rome) and Cologno Monzese (MI).
Janssen-Cilag SpA is looking for a TECHNOLOGY MANAGER, Operational Analytics and Customer Engagement to be hired with a permanent contract in the IT Department, directly reporting to the Business Technology Leader.
This position is responsible for connecting business stakeholders with high impact technology solutions (from our internal technology Product Lines or external capabilities), managing local technology delivery and supporting the Business Technology Lead (BTL) to shape Product Line strategy development in the Italian market.
Playing a hands-on role putting technology into practice, she/he defines business requirements for market needs, carries out business analysis for regional MVPs evolving in a market, scales out regional solutions and delivers local market-led projects using technology.
While the role will have a domain focus on Operational Analytics and Customer Engagement in the Italian market to provide an expert point of contact, the role focus is on business problems and opportunities which will require a broad understanding of our business and solutions landscape to bring about end-to-end business process solutions.
Working with colleagues in other markets, and the PLO organization, this role promotes adoption and value from current IT capabilities and identifies and drives essential new market solutions as part of an EMEA organization.
The BTA Manager is a member of the In-Market JJT team within the Pharm Commercial EMEA BT organization.
The role encompasses all IT activities needed to:
- Be a technology partner, working with business stakeholders to identify unmet needs, propose IT solutions, and assist management in the development of business cases and project charters
- Be a business analyst, leading the technical discovery process for potential projects, scoping needs, gathering requirements and producing functional specifications for a solution build, based on regional and global standards, using our agile rRDM methodology (rapid Requirements Definition & Management)
- Build deep market knowledge by forming internal partnerships with the business (developing deep insights into their needs) and external partnerships with e.g. start-ups, academics (to build health technology market knowledge)
- Explore & experiment with business-led IT projects and external technology developments to scope and rapidly pilot new single-market specific solutions, identifying solutions worth scaling up within the regional Product Lines. Collaborate with Product Line teams to build and test regional MVPs when selected as a ‘lead market’
- Manage the delivery of local projects, collaborating with the business & Product Line teams to localize regional J&J requirements/solutions and drive effective change management by involving the right people at the right time
- Represent IT with external partners and customers and consult on selection and approval of third-party service providers
- Ensure technology projects are built and documented in accordance with the strict compliance regulations of J&J and healthcare, including information security, privacy and GxP as required
- Take a regional view on technology solutions, building a good understanding of business practice in other countries through a network of IT colleagues, in order to leverage or create harmonised solutions where possible
- Proactively match business needs with existing J&J technology capability, by showcasing local/regional best practice with key stakeholders, encouraging adoption of core systems and harmonised process and highlighting value in a business context
- Shape Product Line roadmaps by identifying opportunities/gaps where J&J Technology can deliver, influencing internally and externally to drive Product Line strategy execution
- Support the Business Technology Lead to challenge the business and encourage innovation, whilst managing business expectations.
Act as strategic partner for business stakeholders and collaborate with business and external
- Determine competitive market insights
- Understand competition and how they use technology
- Oversees internal and external collaboration
- Determine technology product market insights.
Shape technology strategy spanning multiple solutions and negotiate technology options with business partners
- Shape IT strategy and select and drive solutions at a strategic level that will support and enable the business objectives
- Translate technology roadmaps into programs
- Explore potential functional solution alternatives and connect with stakeholders to select solutions that align with business and functional strategy.
Consult and Plan
Act as a bridge between business and J&J Technology, understand core internal IT products and how they drive business value, and act as critical contact point for J&J Technology service & delivery, drive business partners towards standard solutions
- Define business objectives and high-level scope
- Offer technology expertise and advice during business conversations
- Evaluate project/scope fit within product line
- Accountable (creation and updates) for the capability roadmap of supported business partner(s)
- Drive user adoption
- Develops and socializes change management program (training, documentation, …)
- Consult on user help desk use and optimization.
Understand business processes and IT systems, identify the business product needs and requirements
- Engage business teams for detail design
- Utilize effective business analyst techniques in order to translate what business may want and to identification of what is needed via the good use of elicitation techniques
- Develop & prioritize user stories and acceptance criteria
- Create wireframes/mockups/prototypes.
Analyze & Specify
Analyze business requirements, write & manage story points, write specifications for developers, map business processes, explain users how functionality relates to process when necessary
- Analyze user needs and define scope and requirements
- Explains to business how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint
- Maps out business processes to serve as reference for development and IT support
- Participates in solution blue-printing
- Transform requirements into systems design document
- Document functional requirements
- Consult on converting functional requirements into technical requirements
- Day to day platform configuration management
- Refine story points as needed.
Localize & deploy
Localize regional and global solutions, facilitate the deployment of available solution(s) through eliciting gaps, bridging requirements to functional solution, documenting enhancements and coordinating configuration, administration and integration with deployed solution(s)
- Maps out business requirements to solution with goal to elicit gaps in solution under deployment
- Translate new requirements into functional specifications and takes accountability for enhancements addressing those requirements
- Coordinate configuration and administration with owners of deployed solution(s)
- Coordinate implementation of integration requirements for local process(es) and solution(s).
Oversee the program, be accountable for progress of work stream, ensure development work is done correctly/coordinate product development execution, communicate to business/BTLs, coordinate users in UAT, assist unit testers, report on UAT
- Sequence design elements to develop capabilities
- Manage business expectations keeping business aligned to business requirements
- Develop cost estimates
- Participate in project plan creation, or autonomously create project plan for smaller initiatives
- Applies compliance requirements, provides documentation and participates in compliance activities as required
- Consult on testing working code
- Coordinate UAT
- Consult business users on user training
- Owns business relationships, communications and accountability for a technology
- Document application retirements.
Prioritize for Value
Create and own the vision and priorities for a product; maximize ROI through feature prioritization
- Accountable for the product/solution/platform vision and set priorities in line with vision (creation, and lifecycle management)
- Identification and definition/selection of new products/solutions to support novel business requirements and demand
- Conduct cost benefit analysis and/or ROI.
Identify business priorities and product needs, estimate and align IT capacity with business priorities
- Validate project scope & develop estimates
- Identify resource needs and craft budget
- Balance development estimates with business trade-off.
Autonomy and Authority
- Functions very independently, receiving high-level strategic guidance: able to self-direct, plan and execute initiatives
- Manages business partner expectations at a senior level, resolving conflicts between requirements and budgets
- Provides leadership, mentorship or guidance to others
- May manage vendors necessary to complete a project.
- Understanding of the business and its operating environment (e.g. trends, competitors, compliance landscape, and regulatory environment).
- Solid knowledge of most commercialization processes in a Pharma S&M organization, incentives and performance management.
- Understands local market specificities for products & services to support the definition of business requirements towards regional teams and act as catalyst for the effective adoption of harmonized solutions at local level.
- Knowledge of the strategic plans/initiatives of a business partner and the ability to quickly come up to speed on the strategies and critical success factors for a business partner.
Technical & Solutions
- Knows our key technologies and platforms in Operational Analytics and Customer Engagement Product Lines to the point that there is good understanding of what is possible and what not.
- Good level understanding of Customer Engagement, (advanced) Analytics technologies and trends in IT and how these can be applied in our business.
- Able to advice on data management and privacy aspects of our solutions.
- Familiar with core data management principles and techniques such as ETL, data manipulation, and analytics domain:
- Knows KPI data used around the business- Knows the content of the Regional data lake, able to liaise with business experts and help them adapt outputs etc.- Guide business with QlikSense self-service capabilities or deal with external consultant to support business- Guide business or local data scientist with Dataiku to perform advanced analysis, get access to data from regional lake, in liaison with regional data engineer.
- Ability to introduce and demonstrate our solutions and capabilities to our business partners without the need for a specialist. Requires good understanding of how we have automated our business processes, and how systems interconnect end-to-end to deliver user outcomes.
- Experience managing large moderately complex projects and teams in the areas of focus, working in close collaboration with local and regional business teams
- Knowledge of SDLC, rRDM, privacy and compliance requirements at project management level.
- Works effectively on a continuing basis with local business partners and regional IT teams to understand and explain business and technical issues, acting as liaison between the two
- Demonstrates effective communication skills across all levels. Is able to manage business partner expectations at senior levels. Understands the need to apply careful strategies to influence others. Key resource internally and externally
- Seen by business partners as a resource in IT for consulting on technical solutions
- Build effective networks with business partners and stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders and IT partners.
- Master’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Technology or related discipline is required, MBA preferred.
- Certification in Business Analysis (e.g. ISEB Business Analysis Diploma) and Project Management (e.g. PRINCE2, APMP) areas
- Current or very recent role is business facing
- Proven track record of delivery in complex, ambiguous and changing environments, adhering to essential regulatory and compliance guidelines
- 7+ years of relevant experience in designing, delivering and supporting IT solutions
- Experience with Customer Engagement & Analytics concepts, business processes, solution architecture and tools, specifically with Qlik, Veeva and Salesforce.com solutions.
- Experience (preferably as product owner/scrum master) in agile delivery and rRDM
- Familiar with common EU regulations around data privacy, security, ...
- Languages: Italian (Bilingual), English (Fluent)
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
The role is based in our Italian office in Cologno Monzese (MI) but candidates must be willing and flexible to travel to European offices up to 40%, periodically/in bursts.
Janssen-Cilag S.p.A. (7175)
Business Relationship Management