Janssen Taiwan, a division of Johnson & Johnson Taiwan Ltd.
The Law Department is recruiting for a Legal Director, to be located in Taiwan. The job description appears below. If you would like to make a referral or bid on the job, please use the Our Source portal, and select the “Employee Referral” or “My Next Step” tile. The job requisition ID is 1905767388W.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
As the onsite legal counsel, the Legal Director for Janssen Taiwan, provides broad legal counsel and general legal guidance at the senior management team level and also the operational team level for Janssen’s Taiwan operations. This is an exciting leadership role with country and regional level exposure. The successful candidate will work with Janssen Taiwan’s senior leadership team to be the lead voice on all legal matters to the Managing Director and his senior leadership team.
It requires a team-oriented, solutions-focused and agile business partner who will work with a hands-on approach to extensive and complex legal issues.
This position will report in to an APAC Regional Leader
As an active member of the senior leadership team as well as solid business partner, actively participate in discussions and decisions, and proactively provide legal counsel, strategic guidance and support to the leadership of Janssen Taiwan on all areas of Law.
Responsible for overseeing the Law Department for Janssen Taiwan.
Proficient at negotiation and drafting various contracts including, supply, distribution, wholesaler, co-marketing, co-promotion, sales, product licensing, clinical trials, post marketing survey, investigator initiated study, donation, speaker engagement, employment and non-disclosure agreements and agreements with health care professionals.
l Actively engage in the review of commercial and medical materials, as well as non-promotional disease state/scientific materials.
l Provide legal support on: licensing; mergers and acquisitions and investments; patents and IP.
l Manage and get involved in all litigation, dispute resolution, and any internal and external investigations related to the business operations.
l Provide legal input and guidance to the employees of Janssen Taiwan on all J&J policies and procedures including the Code on Business Conduct, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Corporate Integrity Agreements, Health Care Compliance and Health Care Business Integrity Guide. This includes advising employees on any new policies or required changes to existing policies, creating appropriate training for employees on such policies.
l Be able to proactively assess legal and governance risks to the business and work with management to devise and implement policies and procedures to address and manage those risks including preventative actions, trainings and communications.
l Possess the communications and other skills to positively influence management and other stakeholders to make well considered decisions and achieve compliant growth.
l Provide sound guidance on and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the operations of Janssen Taiwan, including any relevant industry codes, and train business partners on relevant areas of law.
l Challenge the status quo and proactively take leadership of various innovative initiatives, connect relevant stakeholders, shape the strategy, and deliver outcomes satisfactory to stakeholders in a timely manner.
l Show agility in problem solving with an appropriate risk tolerance while maintaining compliance.
l Excellent task prioritization, and a sense of urgency, providing counsel to senior management and all staff.
l Shape external environment by active participation in industry associations.
l Collaborate with business partners and health care compliance function to reinforce Credo based decision making in every critical business decision.
l Ability to engage and manage outside counsel (including seconded counsels, if applicable) including managing costs and their deliverables, and ground rules for the business on when and how to request outside legal services/support.
l Proactively partner and work with other Johnson & Johnson lawyers in the country (other sectors) /region/global to drive local alignment with country (cross-sector), regional and global legal best practices and knowledge sharing.
• Assist on brand protection initiatives including trademark support.
• Support development of clinical trials and new product development, if any.
• Advise operations on its copy clearance of materials and internet-related activities
• Perform corporate governance functions for the Janssen Taiwan legal entity including fulfilling all applicable reporting requirements relating to board and shareholders meetings (to the extent required under Taiwanese law).
• JD, LLB or equivalent law degree.
• License to practice law in Taiwan preferred.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and preferred fluent in written and spoken Chinese.
• Minimum 8-12 years PQE - preference will be given to candidates with in-house life sciences experience.
• Experience working in multi-national corporations
• Broad commercial and corporate experience, ideally advising senior leaders of business units or functions.
Candidates should also possess the following skills and capabilities:
• Self-starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction from various stakeholders.
• Client Oriented - ability to proactively connect and engage with operations to find practical solutions (including alternative solutions, if applicable) and partner with them to implement desired actions and lead compliant success of operations.
• Judgment capability, good consultative skills, and structural thinking process.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across all levels of a matrix organization.
• Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-national company and cross-border environment.
• Comfortable working as part of a team and keen to interact with diverse group of people spanning a broad range of business teams and executives within the client organizations.
• Objective thinker who is able to advance ideas and influence others.
• Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
• Able to lead by an example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards at Janssen Taiwan and be proactive in engaging organization to identify opportunities to enhance ethics and anti-corruption practices and procedures.
• Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and simplify issues for clients.
• Ability to work innovatively and proactively to support clients
• Ability to live Our Credo - the business foundation of J&J over 75 years, and to make appropriate decisions in accordance with Credo based decision process
Johnson & Johnson Taiwan, Ltd. (8580)