Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead, CLOUDx Capacity & Demand
Requisition ID: 1905766390W
Johnson & Johnson is currently seeking a CLOUDx Capacity and Demand Lead, to oversee and manage capacity and demand operations for their global on-premise and public cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate, in addition to having a strong background in cloud engineering and infrastructure management, would also have a passion for working with data sets and developing dashboard visualizations, so as to provide data to assist in decision making and implementing solutions in support of our enterprise CLOUDx strategy. As part of a global DevOps team, successful candidates would also need to be data-driven, results-oriented, comfortable being an independent self-starter and would have demonstrated success in contributing to the growth and success of a business.
• Collaborate and partner closely with internal CLOUDx and Business Technology teams to understand business requirements, work with cross-functional and product teams to design and implement efficient and scalable solutions for capacity management and planning.
• Partner with CLOUDx leads from VMWare based on-prem Ops/Storage/Backup/Architecture, to monitor consumption of services, and align Demand and Provisioning teams with critical capacity management and investment decisions.
• Partner with CLOUDx leads from AWS, Azure engineering and operations, to monitor consumption of services, and align with critical investment decisions and related cost optimization drivers (AWS and/or Azure hands-on experience is a must)
• Partner with CLOUDx Dev team to monitor, maintain global provisioning portals and work on automation projects to implement operational service improvements.
• Lead and drive planning and execution to optimize infrastructure capacity for all on-prem and public cloud infrastructure footprint, including collaboration with Business Technology teams to perform right sizing activities to reduce organizational TCO.
• Analyze, visualize, and generate insights by designing and implementing reporting solutions to support various CLOUDx initiatives.
• Develop understanding of IT data models and business domain knowledge, maintain and support data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
• Analyze, Query and transform datasets for Tableau dashboard development and maintenance, to support infrastructure management planning and investments.
• Partner with Global Monitoring and Data & Analytics team where necessary to aid development and/or maintenance of core datasets that empower operational analysis.
• Provide escalation support as needed during operational Sev1s
• Work across multiple regional teams in high visibility projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
5+ years of experience in cloud-based infrastructure operations and engineering, preferably in a large scale, global enterprise environment.
5+ years of hands-on experience working with vSphere, network, datacenter technologies and operations at an enterprise level.
5+ years of experience with VMware virtualization, vCloud suite (vSphere, vSAN, vROPS and other Cloud stack software).
2+ years of hands-on experience and adept and knowledgeable in the area of AWS and Azure’s primary Cloud services.
2+ years of hands-on experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau or equivalent.
Proven experience in designing/building effective data visualization and presentation.
Knowledge of data architecture, data modeling, database technologies, schema design and effective data project management skills.
Experience in a scripting language is a plus.
Knowledge and experience working with Turbonomic is a plus.
Ability to initiate and drive projects when needed, analyze complex problems and communicate plans and findings to internal customers/stakeholders.
Proven experience in learning new data tools quickly and executing in these tools.
VMware vSphere training and certification is a plus
Extreme focus, attention to detail and delivering high-quality solutions
Excellent customer-facing communication skills, verbal and written.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)