Johnson & Johnson Careers
E2E Planning & Collaboration Manager
Requisition ID: 1905766247W
The E2E Planning & Collaboration Manager is responsible for leading and delivering strategic planning programs and projects, within the Asia Pacific region. Additionally, the role serves as a key interface to other regions and pillars to drive improvements in inter-regional connectivity and agility. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented person who has experience managing large initiatives in a cross-functional organization, possesses a solid understanding of planning process and enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative environment supporting high-growth and fast-paced business units.
• Lead strategic planning initiatives and programs by leveraging planning background and project management methodologies to ensure they are successfully delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. Examples of initiatives include: including network changes, inter-regional agility efforts, MTF initiatives, OMP and new business integrations.
• Support the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Collaborate with other regional partners to drive improvements in lead time, supply chain synchronization and governance.
• Partner with Country Supply Chain teams, Make organisation and Regional IT teams to identify opportunities for improvement, align on priorities, and ensure timely delivery of improvements
• Drive continuous improvement of business processes and systems, related reports and metrics
• Identify opportunities for innovation, develop solutions, project proposals and implementation plans
• Lead capability building activities regionally; assess current state, identify capability gaps, develop training and certification programs, deploy and deliver training to the countries
• Represent the region in global process teams, ensure alignment of regional model to global model, participate in development of global initiatives, and support implementation throughout the region
• Evaluate new processes and technologies and determine if relevant for the region
• Use analytical and quantitative methods, including Lean, Six Sigma and Zero Defect, to understand, predict, and improve supply chain processes
• Assemble data, analyze performance, identify issues and opportunities, and develop recommendations
• Report process performance and analyze to identify improvement areas
• Analyze and report KPI results for the region, identify opportunities for improvements in the countries and across the region, benchmark results internally and externally and develop action plans to improve
• Service, Inventory, Responsiveness, Reliability, Productivity, Quality, Compliance
• Professional Experience: minimum 5 years work experience in Supply Chain or IT (production planning, supply planning, demand planning, manufacturing, customer service, or distribution)
• Strong project management experience, process improvement, and problem-solving skills
• Strong collaborative leadership skills (strategic & tactical), able to negotiate, influence, align, and prioritize
• Strong multi-cultural communication, presentation, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
• Strong management experience, coaching and developing individuals, leading teams
• Results-orientated, creative, practical, analytical, attention to detail, self-motivated, and a team-player
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in business (Supply Chain) or technical discipline (IT)
• Other Experience: Lean, Six Sigma, SAP ERP systems, reporting, analytics, MS Office tools
• Proficient in English and familiarity with Asian languages preferred
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)