Johnson & Johnson Careers
Experienced Packaging Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905763852W
About the Johnson & Johnson Consumer
At Johnson & Johnson Consumer, we are dedicated in providing No. 1 consumer brands/products based on consumer and shopper insights. We have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio, with power brands across multiple categories, including Neutrogena, Natusan, Piz Buin, o.b, Imodium, Ipren, Livostin and Nicorette. We're one of the globe's fastest-growing consumer companies, caring for the world, one person at a time, embracing research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of over a billion people every day.
One major part of our business is over the counter medicines (self-care) where most of our products are sold in pharmacies as well as in grocery channels via medicine cabinets.
The position is based in the global R&D center of expertise at Helsingborg in charge of the development of global drug products. It has a direct reporting line to the Global Consumer Product Packaging organization headquartered for EMEA in France with opportunities to touch base on adjacent consumer product categories within adult skincare, oral care, feminine care, and baby care in a dynamic and international team.
In a global, challenging and rich environment, you drive medicinal products packaging development projects from primary to tertiary packaging in the context of New Product Development (NPD) for OTC business (Cough & Cold, Digestive Health, Smoking Cessation, Allergy, Pain, Eye Care).
Objectives of the Position
- Demonstrate leadership and passion to promote packaging solutions that embrace a large span of requirement across all functions (Design, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Regulatory) while creating high packaging-driven value to the consumer and ultimately the business.
- Lead and deliver global packaging solution & projects that ensure product integrity, value to consumer and are sustainable, affordable and price tier-relevant.
- Act as the technical expert interfacing with our supplier & internal technical function and our external partners on all packaging related questions.
- Qualify packaging according to quality standards to ensure packaging robustness and compliance through the full value chain from manufacturing to consumer place.
- Feed the short and long-term package innovation strategy to achieve the business objectives of the OTC category by inspiring our business partners with a pipeline of packaging opportunities.
What you will need to succeed
- You have a strong packaging sensibility and like promoting the importance of packaging in the product experience.
- You like balancing between a role of technical expert and the leadership needed to drive your project in a complex environment and often antinomic constraints.
- You have strong communication skills to turn complex cases into synthetic and holistic recommendations.
- You are autonomous and able to work in a remote management context and very easily connect with remote stakeholders or peers.
- You are curious, creative and able to translate ideas into concepts and projects as well as having an ability to challenge status-quo to drive globalization while managing regional constraints.
- You have excellent interdependent partnering/ability to lead projects in a high matrix environment including transversal initiative as part of the Global Packaging group on various thematic (innovation, process, sustainability, digital).
- A minimum of a BSc or MSc within a relevant subject linked to package engineering, polymer or mechanical, or equivalent (required).
- Good knowledge and sensibility of packaging technologies (materials, molding process, manufacturing) (required).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience (required), ideally 5 years, from packaging development preferably from the pharmaceutical, medical device or animal health industry (preferred).
- Good understanding of the process of developing drugs & medical devices (preferred).
- Fluent spoken and written English is required.
McNeil AB (8511)