This role will be responsible for creating significant value in marketing activities for Consumer and Vision Care, through applying robust sourcing process. This role manages Agencies & Media sourcing for Consumer and Vision care (~$35MM/yr. spending). On top of the existing business, this role will serve as the PIC for DCL Marketing team to shape and offer marketing service sourcing support (Spending: TBD). This provides exciting opportunities to prove Procurement value to a business without professional procurement team in the past.
He/she will develop and nurture relationship with key stakeholders in Business, and work closely with Marketing, Sales and Finance Directors to provide them a visibility of projects that Procurement runs with Business.
Scope of responsibilities includes:
l Lead Vision Care creative agency selection process for 2020 by closely working and aligning with global & regional category leads
l Manage critical supplier relationship of Creative and Media agencies under global contract; conduct periodic review of performance, identify and close the gap through strong collaboration with Consumer and Vision Marketing team
l Implement Procurement compliance initiatives and training including DCL
l Connect with DCL business to understand their business needs and shape future supplier landscape for Agency and Media categories.
Supplier relationship management: Conduct periodic review of supplier performance, work with Marketing team including Marketing Director to identify and close the gap; Shape supplier’s resource to best interest of J&J to maximize the value.
Sourcing and negotiation: Conduct sourcing event in his/her responsible categories by closely working with regional category leads. Provide Japan business needs and local market insights to regional and global category leads, especially for Vision care, as Japan is the #2 market.
DCL initiatives: Develop strong relationship with DCL Marketing members to understand their business needs; Work on key marketing initiatives by providing sourcing support.
Innovation: Search and connect innovative marketing companies including start-up ventures to Business stakeholders (e.g. digital marketing).
· Collaborate with other Procurement team members to meet Goals & Objectives of Japan Commercial Procurement team, such as Procurement care (volunteer), trainings to other business sectors.
· Relationship with both operational and senior management (Director) level.
· Johnson & Johnson Consumer Company, Vision Care, DCL (but not limited to):
- Marketing & Sales
- Global/Regional Procurement teams
- Other Procurement organizations (R&D, Supply Chain)
Required Minimum Education: Bachelors or Equivalent
Required Years of Related Experience: 6+ Years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
(Include any required computer skills, certifications, licenses, languages, etc.)
• Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices
• Strong Procurement experience required with indirect sourcing experience
• Strong leadership, communication, influencing and collaboration are required
• Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
• Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
• Ability to show strategic thinking
• Project management skills
• Strong business acumen
• Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
• Japanese (Fluent) and English (Fluent)
People Management Experience: not required
Preferred Related Industry Experience(if applicable): Consumer Goods or B2C industry, Indirect Sourcing
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strategic sourcing skills in Indirect Procurement area, with ability to align, document and execute sourcing strategy with stakeholders
• Experience in working in Consumer industry or in Marketing agency
• Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain)
Janssen Pharmaceutical K.K. (7195)