Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Business Operations (China)
Requisition ID: 1905763711W
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the implementation of business operations capabilities and processes to enable more efficient and effective management of clinicals, contracts, financials, alliance management and overall portfolio management for the Lung Cancer Initiative and World Without Disease programs at Johnson & Johnson.
The Director, Business Operations will be responsible for alliance management, portfolio management, clinical operations and the contracting and financial processes associated with LCI and WWDA partnership opportunities with other organizations, research institutions and individuals. He/she will also assist the Head of China, Lung Cancer Initiative and the Business Operations Director building out processes and establishing metrics to allow for efficient and effective processes.
· Partner with the WWDA LT members, Operations Team, Finance and Procurement to manage regional contracting and financial processes, including the use of associated systems (e.g. Salesforce, Ariba, Totality). Collaborate seamlessly with business stakeholders, finance, procurement, HCC and Legal as needed to manage and provide oversight from contract initiation to completion. Continued management of contract post execution, including contractual milestones and expected deliverables. Monitor PO funding, contract renewal dates and facilitate the accounts payable process.
· Develop and oversee the clinical operations strategy and process. Establish strong relationships with critical business partners in GCDO, Regulatory, Legal and other areas to drive alignment and ensure organizational goals are met in a timely and compliant manner. Accountable for designing, implementing and monitoring metrics for the processes and driving process improvement opportunities.
· Provide local program management support to maintain ongoing visibility to overall status, resource challenges, critical milestones, and other operational details of projects within the WWDA / LCI portfolio. Provide project management support to the science leads of key projects, studies, and/or trials by developing and managing project plans and facilitating the completion of the defined actions.
· Provide local external alliance support for key external research collaborations and
partnerships across the WWDA organization, including management of the end-to-end contract and financial processes associated with those partnerships. Partner with the LCI and WWDA LT members, Operations Team, Finance and procurement to manage the contracting and financial processes.
· Uphold and educate stakeholders / business partners on WWDA Governance and Process requirements. Create and maintain productive internal and external relationships to enable program success. Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions. Manage metrics and reporting as applicable. Ensure organizational needs are met in a timely and compliant way.
· Assist with the development of strategic operational processes that will enable more efficient internal and external development and operations
· Provide insights to the Business Operations Director to continuously improve critical R&D processes.
· A minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience is required
· Prior experience in clinical operations, contracting and financial process is required
· Working knowledge of the product development life cycle within the pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer industries is preferred
· Experience in a fast-paced environment is highly preferred
· Ability to interact at the senior level in the organization is required
· MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint Skills required
· Excellent interpersonal collaborations and team skills including working with cross-functional teams is required
· Excellent communication skills, proficient in English and Chinese
· Prior experience working in a matrix organization is preferred
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)