Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Administrative Assistant
Requisition ID: 1905763056W
Senior Administration Assistant - London Innovation Centre
The pay grade for this position is 23
J&J Innovation Centers (ICs) have been established in San Francisco, Boston, Shanghai and London, with the London IC covering the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region. The goal of the ICs is to build a critical platform to identify the top medical innovations at universities and biotech companies and form mutually beneficial partnerships that will nurture those innovations, with the ultimate aim of enabling Johnson & Johnson to build the best pipeline in the industry, across all sectors (Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer).
Operating close to the most productive hubs of innovation gives J&J early access and better insights to make investment selections. The London IC (LIC) also houses the EMEA JJDC (J&J Development Corporation) team, which works closely with the IC team to support young companies through equity investment. Finally, by virtue of its location in central London, the LIC provides a hub for broader national and international activities, including hosting meetings of J&J senior management and Government officials.
We are recruiting for a Sr. Administrative Assistant, located in our central London (UK) office. You will provide full administrative support to some of the Senior team members. You will coordinate calendars, make travel arrangements and schedule meetings, as well as manage all correspondence and make ad hoc delegation decisions on communications and implement them.
As a Sr. Administrative Assistant, you will manage complex business calendars and have a keen sense of prioritization and time management. You will coordinate senior management meetings as well as be required to organise confidential files, manage relevant data, and maintain accurate records, coordinate travel itineraries and expenses for the Senior team members as needed, you will interact with various levels of management on a day to day basis, handling highly confidential documents and materials.
As Sr. Administrative Assistant you will also provide support to the broader Innovation Centre team as required, ensuring they adequately meet the needs of individual team members, as well as organizing team-wide meetings, events and activities.
You will stay informed of all company policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to the functioning of the group. You will provide back-up coverage for other Administrative Assistants when necessary.
This position will require the individual to take initiative and use discretion and discernment. Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills will be helpful within this role. You will also need to be highly motivated to initiate and follow through on tasks with minimal mentorship and with a strong attention to detail.
Experience / Skills / Qualifications
- Higher education qualification or equivalent experience is required
- Strong experience in a similar role in a similarly complex environment
- Evidence of strong administrative skills (i.e. diary management, travel, correspondence, expenses etc.) essential
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) essential
- Experience with juggling priorities and excellent organisation skills essential
- Confident liaising, greeting and supporting all levels of management/senior leaders and external guests at the IC
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with Global Services team (HR, IT etc.)
- Confident/advanced experience of Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Outlook, Org Plus, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Familiarity / interest in pharmaceutical / healthcare / biotechnology environment is helpful (not essential)
- Experience with Concur Expenses Reporting, Ariba PO Processing, SharePoint Site Administration, and Our Source Administration, or similar systems, is desirable
- Dedicated, ambitious, hardworking mindset with high-energy and the ability to dedicatedly build positive relationships.
Johnson and Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)