Johnson & Johnson Careers
BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER
Cologno Monzese, Italy
Marketing & Sales
Requisition ID: 1905762123W
Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational company founded in 1886, a world leader in the development of products and devices for surgical therapies and pharmaceutical companies, as well as in the marketing of consumer products for personal hygiene, and is organized into three business segments: Pharmaceutical, Medical, Consumer.
Every day more than 134.000 employees work in 260 companies of the Group, located in 90 countries. In Italy there are all the three sectors, each of which represents one of the segments mentioned above:
Janssen SpA (Pharmaceutical Sector):
Marketing Company: Cologno Monzese (MI)
Plant: Borgo San Michele (Latina)
Johnson & Johnson SpA (Consumer Sector):
Marketing Company and Plant: Santa Palomba (Rome)
Johnson & Johnson Medical SpA (Medical Sector):
Marketing Company: Pratica di Mare (Rome).
Janssen SpA is looking for a BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER, to be hired in the Commercial Unit.
The Business Unit Manager (BUM) is a member of the Commercial Leadership Team (CLT), reporting to the Commercial Director (CD) Italy.
The BUM is responsible for:
- Delivering business results and managing operational expenses and resources accordingly;
- Providing operational leadership to ensure industry best-practices in Customer Interaction Excellence;
- Engaging regional EMEA stakeholders including Integrated Brand Value Team Leaders (IBVTL), to shape strategy, align forecasts and resourcing plans (in line with the ‘Collaborate’ model);
- Leading, coaching and developing the marketing team to ensure engagement with the functional network, co-creation of brand strategy and effective localisation through outstanding Country Value Team (CVT) leadership;
- Providing organizational leadership beyond areas of immediate business responsibility;
- Driving a competitive mind-set and an organizational culture of accountability, empowerment and flexibility;
- Ensuring attentiveness and high standards across all areas of compliance, including all applicable laws and regulations, Company healthcare and quality standards;
- Identifying, developing and career-pathing organizational High-Potentials as well as managing performance if and when required;
- Demonstrating and role-modelling outstanding leadership behavior consistent with Our Credo and the Johnson & Johnson Leadership Imperatives;
- Communicating the OpCo vision, mission and strategic objectives in a compelling and persuasive manner to ensure alignment of individual and business unit objectives and a clear line of sight between day-to-day activities and the bigger picture;
- Engaging with key external stakeholders including prescribers, payers, policy-makers and other emerging stakeholder groups to understand and shape the external healthcare environment.
- Provide strategic thinking and direction to organisational and brand issues via the Business Planning cycle (PBP, FBP, JU and MTP);
- Challenge the organisation’s thinking and approach to provide improvements to the business through effective engagement with the CLT;
- Lead Janssen’s interface with external stakeholders through meetings, forums and other appropriate platforms;
- Monitor market data from both internal and external sources to plan and review the overall resource allocation by brand and across portfolio and ensure Customer Interaction Excellence;
- Conduct reviews with the marketing and sales teams, to assist them in prioritising and managing workloads and projects;
- Manage the business unit P&L and provide insights that guide strategic decision making for the organisation to guide resource allocation across the business and sales forecasting;
- Influence business decisions at brand, BU, CLT, Company and EMEA level to ensure effective trade-offs and resource prioritisation based on effective performance;
- Direct and manage the marketing team to guide the implementation of EMEA co-created strategies and local executional tactics from the Brand Value Plan (BVP);
- Create a working environment that fosters open communication, a sense of urgency, high standards, flexibility, agility and competitiveness.
- Management Committee;
- Commercial Leadership Team;
- CVT Member (BI, HEMAR, MAF, Regulatory, Finance);
- IBVT Leaders.
- KOLs/ Customers;
- Policy Makers.
Expected abilities and behaviours
- Strategic Thinking and big-picture orientation, while focusing on operational execution;
- Outstanding Leadership, influencing and communication skills;
- Engaging a matrix organization to drive goal alignment, make trade-offs and deliver business results;
- Flexibility and Adaptability to succeed in implementing new organizational structures and capabilities;
- Learning Agility to quickly gain new skills, competencies and knowledge;
- Entrepreneurial Thinking;
- Analytical Thinking and data orientation;
- Balancing urgency with patience, when required, to ensure organizational and business outcomes.
Required experience and background
- Experience in an operational environment managing teams;
- Demonstrated success in managing a P&L to deliver outstanding business results;
- Commercial and/or market access experience (regional or global);
- University Education degree is required. An advanced degree in business or life sciences is preferred;
- Fluency in Italian & English is required;
- The successful candidate must have a Healthcare background and has demonstrated a strategic mind-set, decision making ability and is able to summarize and integrate input.
The position will be based in Cologno Monzese (MI).
Janssen-Cilag S.p.A. (7175)
Marketing & Sales