Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Procurement Manager
Requisition ID: 1905762066W
- Provides end-to-end category management support to the business, including responsibility for the vision, strategy and implementation for a specific subcategory or commodity within the Enterprise-wide J&J R&D category that will effectively meet the needs of the business and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
- This role will provide category oversight and general support for Discovery and Preclinical sub-categories under Research category. This includes business engagement, contracting, sourcing, supplier management, requisition to pay activities, and Procurement strategy & enablement activities.
- This role may provide primary supplier management leadership for middle criticality suppliers (as defined by J&J tier of oversight incorporating business risk, total spend, criticality to business, maturity, etc.) or provide supplier management support for suppliers of a higher tier.
- 10%: Business Engagement. Managing the needs and expectations of the Business to drive satisfaction while ensuring compliance to procurement standards and alignment with procurement strategies. Sub-processes: Stakeholder Engagement, New Product Opportunities, Demand Signal Management, Requirements & Specifications Gathering, Strategy Execution/Category Integration. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
- 20%: Category Strategy. The vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category of spend that will effectively meet the needs of the Business and deliver the maximum value for J&J. Sub-processes: Demand Analysis, Supply Market Assessment, Commodity Inflation Management, Category Strategy Development, Category Strategy Implementation. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
- 30%: Sourcing. A disciplined approach for reducing total costs of externally purchased materials, goods and services and improving levels of quality, service and value to the Business. Sub-processes: Sourcing Strategy & Approach to Market, Sourcing Documentation Creation, Sourcing Event Execution, Negotiation & Supplier Selection, Sourcing Implementation. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
- 20%: Contracting. Systematically and efficiently managing contract creation, approval, administration and compliance to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk. Sub-processes: Legal, Finance, IT, HR, Tax interface, Contracts Creation, Contracts Approval, Contract Administration, Contract Management & Compliance. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
- 10%: Supplier Management. Managing the interactions with the organizations that supply the goods and services to J&J including relationship building, data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement. Sub-processes: Supplier Segmentation, Engagement & Governance, Supplier Performance Management, Conduct Business Reviews, Supplier Risk Management, Supplier Change Management, Supplier Development / Improvement, Supply Base Optimization. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
- 10%: Procurement Strategy & Enablement. Develop and maintain the strategic direction for the Procurement function, ensure alignment to strategic goals and standards, develop and manage our people and effectively manage the enabling tools and technology required across the function. Sub-processes: Procurement Strategy, Process & Policies Management, Compliance & Risk Management , Procurement Performance Management, Systems & Data Management, Reporting & Analytics, Communications & Change Management, Project Management & PMO, Talent & Organization Management, Training, Knowledge Management and Market Intelligence. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements
DUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education Required: BA/BS; Education Preferred: --------Advanced Degree (MBA, other Master-level degree
- Minimum 5-7 years related business experience
- Certified Professional in Supply Management ® (CPSM®) certification from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) desirable
- Project Management Professional® (PMP®) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) desirable
- Experience in the R&D category-related areas (e.g. discovery sciences, drug development, lab supply, services, and equipment) preferred.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)