Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist (Data/Automation Specialist)
Requisition ID: 1905761757W
The Drug Product Development (DPD) department consists of four teams that work closely together: Formulation Development (FD), Fill/Finish Process (FFP), Formulation Science & Technology (FST), and Technical Integrators (TI). The DPD department develops the bulk drug substance and drug product formulations, the aseptic compounding and fill/finish processes, and oversees DP manufacturing at fill/finish sites within and outside Janssen. The department is embedded in the broader Vaccine Process & Analytical Development (VPAD) organization and collaborates with the clinical (supply) teams to define the storage and distribution network, and to generate in-use stability data.
As an Associate Scientist (Automation/Data Specialist) in the Formulation Development team, you will define data automation strategy in the lab and harmonize complex data flows. Furthermore, you will participate in development of department database. In addition, you will support day-to-day lab activities, when needed.
- Defining the data automation strategy to improve lab workflow
- Harmonizing complex data flows (e.g transferring and compiling data from different assay report templates to be analyzed in a statistical software and added to central database)
- Participate in development and continuous improvement of department database
- Laboratory automation knowledge: Hamilton (preferred) TECAN (nice to have)
- Working knowledge of Python (or other scripting language) and R
- Database language understanding: SQL
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge (Visual Basic)
Complementary skills and knowledge:
- Working knowledge and general understanding of some analytical methods used to characterize biological macromolecules (eg. HPLC, UPLC, DLS, Fluorescence and UV/VIS spectroscopy etc.)
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Creative team player with a strong technical mindset
- Flexible, enjoys working in fast paced, dynamic, international environment
- Positive attitude and no-nonsense mentality
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in English written and spoken
Education and Experience:
- BSc or MSc in a relevant field such as Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biochemical engineer or pharmaceutical sciences.
- Prior experience in a similar role in biopharmaceutical company will be considered as an asset.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)