Johnson & Johnson Careers
Packaging development senior engineer
Requisition ID: 1905761610W
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
Position Title: Senior Packaging Engineer
Division: Global Package Development
Department: Global Package Development
II. ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to: Packaging Manager
Directly Supervises: junior engineers.
Part A: Overall Responsibility
Provide an overview of the job by summarizing in one or two sentences, the main purposes of this job and what it contributes to the overall business of the organization.
This position will be responsible for packaging development on skin health brands, including Dabao, Neutrogena, Dr.CiLabo, Ogx, etc., cover China, AP regional and some global projects, own end to end packaging development process.
Positions at this level are professionals, who are team members of critical initiatives. These positions often provide instruction or supervision to lower-level engineers and professionals, and/or manage routine processes and sets of tasks. Positions at this level contribute to delivering critical work within larger projects or initiatives.
Part B: Principal Responsibilities (Maximum of 8 bullet points)
Listing of the job’s major responsibilities preferably in order of importance. Statements should identify the most predominant and significant duties and convey a measure of frequency and occurrence.
• Responsible for China and AP skin health product’s packaging development, from NPD to SC supported projects, from idea to launch, cover end to end packaging development.
• Provide new and innovative packaging concepts and designs that are relevant to the region/country’s business needs; Realize packaging designs by developing innovative packaging format with professional packaging expertise including mould, flexible material, carton, decoration, filling requirement needs, etc…
• Closely collaborate with MKT to meet customer/consumer needs; collaborate with supply chain to ensure developed pkg meet with machine needs; collaborate with RA, TPX, PPD, LCM, finance, etc.
• Ensure developed packaging format could meet E-commerce channel logistic needs and sustainability SOP.
• Deliver CIP, compliance projects when business needs.
• Deliver other tasks assigned by line manager.
• Deliver with quality and compliance with company requirement; Compiles and analyzes data, identifies causes, draws conclusions, generates reports
• May act as team leader and/or mentor junior engineers/professionals
IV. KEY RESULT AREAS
List down company measures that the position will be responsible for delivering. These are normally expressed as “measure of success” or “KPI” (Key Performance Indicator).
Examples would be:
• Deliver project target date as assigned
• Complete documents as required in SOP
• Able to supervise the subordinate on their tasks
• Quality of work
V. KEY QUALIFICATIONS
This section pertains to minimum education, experience, and other special skills and knowledge required by the job to effectively perform the assigned responsibilities. (Bullet points)
• Bachelor Degree of Science BS (Packaging Technology), Engineering or equivalent.
• Masters Degree of Science MS (Packaging Technology), Engineering or equivalent.
• 3+ YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH MS/MBA.
• 4+ YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH BS.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Solid expertise on rigid plastic material, mould& decoration, flexible material, carton, shipper, packaging machine, etc.; or at least good at part of these packaging technologies.
• English communication skill to lead& execute regional/global projects.
• Team work and good communication skills.
• Capability to take pressure and self-motivated.
Johnson & Johnson (China) Ltd. (7047)